Buyers from federal, state or local governments, the military or educational institutions will find The Home Depot ready to be your company of choice. Our dedicated Government Solutions team, available procurement contracts and national retail network mean we can tap into an unparalleled supply chain to offer a total solution to your needs.
The Home Depot is Dedicated to:
• Over 100,000 in-stock and special order products
• A large selection of facility maintenance and repair products
• A full range of commercial grade construction products
• An array of landscape solutions
• A complete line of floor coverings
• Renovation and installation services
• Tool Rental Centers in many locations
• Expansive ordering and delivery options
• Convenient store locations
• Ease of purchase
We Do Business Your Way
We have a dedicated Government Solutions team, with the tools, resources and know-how to do business your way. We:
• Honor all government procurement cards
• Welcome and support government bids, proposals, purchase orders and large or special orders
• Provide tailored support to government housing, lodging and hospitality communities
• Support all state and local government ordering and contracting
The U.S. Communities government cooperative purchasing program combines and strengthens the purchasing power of public entities nationwide. Through the U.S. Communities partnership, state and local governments, non-profits, schools and government agencies benefit from reduced costs and the assurance that your agency meets the requirements for competitive solicitation.
• Federal government purchase card sales receipts identifying open market items
• The Home Depot GSA contract (GS-06F-0052N), which provides walk-in/walk-out convenience and covers everything in our store in accordance with GSA contract provisions
• Automatic tax exemption on all federal government purchases
Under our new TXMAS Contract TXMAS-12-51V010 The Home Depot is committed to providing support to State of Texas agencies and participating public agencies for:
• Planned & unplanned procurements
• All products and services available from The Home Depot
• Disaster relief
Participating Government entities now have the option of procuring directly from any of the over 180 The Home Depot stores in Texas and avoid the lengthy bid process. Ask for the Pro Desk!
No bidding required per Texas Statue 2155.504
With our one-step tax exempt registration, tax exempt customers, including buyers for state and local governments or state-defined exempt organizations, retailers, resellers and manufacturers no longer have to complete the in-store paperwork with every exempt transaction.
You can now register here and, once approved, use a number that you select to document your exempt purchases. The process only takes a few minutes, and a temporary exemption will be issued when you successfully complete the registration. Once you're approved, shop in our stores or online and simply provide your tax ID at checkout to receive tax exemption on your eligible purchases.
Once your application is reviewed and approved, your registration will become permanent up to the renewal date as defined by your state. For most states, only one form must be completed to cover all of your business (some exceptions apply).
You can elect to receive email reminders to renew your registration, and making changes as your business or organization changes is easy.
• Take advantage of your status when you shop in the store or online.
• All federal government purchases are automatically tax exempt.
If you have a question regarding registration, please call our Tax Department at:
1-877-434-6435 Option 4
Available 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. You may also visit our Tax Exempt Registration Frequently Asked Questions page.
Find out how much easier shopping at U.S. Communities Marketplace makes it to place your order with The Home Depot.
• No User Fees
• Best Overall Supplier Government Pricing
• Quality Brands
• Integrity and Experience
• Oversight by Public Purchasing Professionals
Giving back to the communities where our stores and associates are located is not only a responsibility, it is a part of doing business at The Home Depot. Here are some of the programs we support and the ways we make a difference:
• At-Risk Youth
• Community Impact Grants
• Emergency Response Support
• Environmental Projects
• Habitat for Humanity
• Team Depot