Update your bath with a new look and additional storage with a new bath vanity
A new bath vanity can add style to your bath décor, and may also provide more storage and counter space. This project guide outlines the steps to install a single cabinet, one-piece bath vanity.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS PROJECT
• Use a stud finder to locate the studs.
• Draw lines from the floor to top of vanity.
• Position the vanity into place.
• Level vanity and shim at the floor if necessary. Hold level against the edge until it’s plumb.
• Check for level again before trimming the shims with a utility knife.
• If there are large gaps at the wall or floor, attach quarter-round moulding along the wall or floor edge with finishing nails.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions and install and secure bath faucet to the vanity top.
• Dry-fit the vanity top over the vanity.
• Make sure the wall is straight and there are no gaps between the wall and vanity.
• Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to secure vanity top to vanity.
• Apply silicone caulk to the top of the cabinet before vanity top is set into position and firmly press down.
• Check to make sure vanity top is level and flush to the wall.
• Add backsplash and sides splash if necessary.
• Reconnect the faucet supply lines to the water supply and reconnect the trap.
• Turn on the water supply and test for leaks.
• Install the pop-up drain.