Plant Patent #9104. A hard to find, well behaved Forsythia with a ground hugging habit, unlike it's wildly upright cousins. This dwarf, compact, deciduous shrub only grows 1-2 ft. tall but speeds up to 4 ft. wide. The featherly, medium green leaves are attractive all growing season, but their purplish yellow fall color is exceptional. This early spring beauty also offers up the traditional light lemon-yellow blooms, which appear in profusion all along the branches. Excellent for a foundation planting, in the shrub border, en mass on embankments, or as a low maintenance hedge.
- Very fast, vigorous growing, deciduous ground cover shrub
- Blooms heavier than other Forsythia and there are plenty of branches for fresh cut flower bouquets
- Easily grown in most any soil
- 1 gal.--ships without soil or pot as a bare root plant to all states
- May ship in a dormant state, with bare branches and no leaves
- Performs best in Plant Growing Zones 5 to 8. When grown in other Zones, special care requirements will be required
- To accommodate mature size or when planting in groups, space 3 ft. away from other plants or structures