The Sidemount Plus Fan Box allows you to safely install your ceiling fan or lighting fixture without having to access attic space. The box's design provides secure attachment to an existing ceiling joist. It is ideal for installation during new construction or remodeling, and can be installed in finished ceilings through a hole large enough to fit the box. The Sidemount Plus features a heavy-duty, all-metal, 2-1/8 in. deep, dual-mount electrical box with 21-1/2 cu. in. capacity. To install it in a finished ceiling, simply mount the bracket to a joist through a 4 in. hole in the drywall, pull the wire into the box, and remount the box to the bracket. The sidemount bracket is removable for easy replacement of existing nail-on boxes without attic access. The kit is UL listed to support fans and light fixtures up to 70 lbs. It includes 10-24 threads for heavier fans and fixtures and 8-32 threads for cover plates and lightweight lighting fixtures. Product reference number 01240.
- Safely and easily hang a ceiling fan or lighting fixture
- Compatible with all fans and fixtures, with both 10-24 and 8-32 threads
- Features 3 knockouts for conduit or romex; 1 romex clamp
- UL listed to support fans and light fixtures up to 70 lbs.
- Includes Saf-T-Cap to protect bolts and wires and all hardware for installation in a retail colored box comes with everything you need for installation, including easy-to-follow instructions