Rated 3.0 out of 5 by 2
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by None Mixed review
Overall a nice option since I didn't want to completely demo my existing floated tile bathtub enclosure. BUT, the company seems to still have quite a few problems to iron out. When I spoke to Soterra rep directly on the phone he seemed concerned and interested in taking appropriate action to correct the deficiencies.
1. The measurements for the product were wrong (72" tall, not 78" tall sheets).
2. The product was shipped without the required Lock-Tite 5570 perimeter adhesive that was called for in the instructions. After an exhaustive search of OSH, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and the internet I discovered that the Locktite 5570 was no longer in production.
3. The "design strips" did NOT have the adhesive backing applied to them as required in the installation instructions. I ended up using a fiberglass double-sided indoor/outdoor carpet tape for installation, hope it holds over time.
4. Product does not include the epoxy grout that it requires for use over the design strips requiring another trip to Home Depot for purchase. It does include the siliconized grout used for seaming... strange that you would include one and not the other.
5. The Bullnose pieces are exceptionally brittle, several were broken upon arrival despite excellent packing. I was able to epoxy repair them, but it was still quite a hassle. Cutting them causes many of them to splinter despite using a high quality brand new diamond blade with the circular saw as instructed.
6. Because the company has mis-measured or mis-represented their dimensions, I was short 2 bull-nose pieces to complete the enclosure on my standard bath-tub (57" w x 36" deep x 80" tall). The company was able to ship me additional pieces (another $25) but it delayed the project completion by 10 days.
7. DON'T follow the companies instructions of using the "Snoozle" attachment for spreading the field adhesive. It created so much resistance that I broke 3 caulking guns. Ultimately I just applied it directly in large squiggle lines.
8. Color of product on-line isn't very close at all to the actual color (it is MUCH more grey in reality), good news is I actually like it better than what I saw online... luck of the draw I suppose.
January 8, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Joane We just got this order and I didn't realize it would be paper thin. We had thought it was an actual tub surround,
I thought this item was a tub surround, not just an overlay
September 15, 2012