Standby power is electricity that is used from everyday electronics while they are seemingly turned off. In our homes and offices, the combination of televisions, computer, stereos, and their peripherals idling in standby mode constantly leak electricity and keep the electric meter spinning. On a larger scale, electrical power generation accounts for about 30% of the nation’s CO2 emissions, so helping to reduce standby power loss can have a positive impact on our environment. Practically speaking, the U.S. Department of energy encourages use of power strips to turn off clusters of standby wasters. New GreenSurge protectors make it even easier to do your part.
- 6 ft. Power cord
- Overload reset button controls the 15 Amp circuit breaker for easy recovery from an overload
- Patented new X3 Metal Oxide Varistors (MOV) provide advanced surge protection technology for stronger resistance to heat
- Safety shutdown technology protects your connected equipment by turning off power in the event of an extreme surge
- Standard and power save switch allows choice of operation in standard surge protector (standard) mode or in electricity conserving (power save) mode
- Combo RJ45 and RJ11 in and out provides network device protection or phone and fax protection