3M Fire Block Foam FB-Foam is a ready-to-use foam firelock designed to help prevent the spread of flames and smoke in residential Type V and commercial non-rated construction. This product is intended to resist the free passage of flame and the by-products of combustion within the concealed space of a floor, ceiling or wall cavity by restricting the movement of air, fire and smoke. Also acts as a draft stop to restrict air infiltration and movement. Meets current fire blocking sealant requirements of the International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) and state and local codes based on the IBC and IRC. 3M Fire Block Foam FB-Foam is recognized as a requirement to the methods prescribed by IBC and/or IRC codes for maintaining the integrity of penetrations of fire blocking and for draft stopping.
- Heat-resistant up to 240°F (115°FC)
- Ready-to-use (no mixing required)
- Tack-free in approximately 5 minutes
- Expands to quickly and effectively seal openings
- Sag-resistant formulation
- Minimal shrinkage
- Need help choosing the right Caulk? Click Here for Home Depot's Buying Guide!
- Click Here for the How to Caulk Project Guide