Rated 4.9 out of 5 by 17
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mike Terrific for working with bleach
I recently discovered the previous owner of my house simply repainted outdoor balcony railings over mold. I am a woman and senior citizen. I tried spraying product but it didn't touch dissolving the mold, so I began scrubbing the rails with a rag using a bleach solution. Mold disappeared but I quickly discovered I was killing my lungs.
After reading countless reviews, I purchased this respirator at the store.The medium size (the only choice) fit perfectly. I was able to continue the cleaning process without actually smelling the bleach. I consider the product to be excellent and works as described.
Keep in mind you will find some restriction to your breathing due to the obvious construction of the respirator, but by not working quite as "fast" or upside down so you are panting, this is the least of the problems when working with bleach. I highly recommend this economical solution.
October 11, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Sher Excellent user-friendly protection
seals nicely, did not fog up my glasses. has replaceable cartridges. Also highly recommend the separate carbon filter cartridges that fit on the same mask base for fumes.
April 29, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DPT Better than expected
Used it to clean a heavily mold stained garage with outdoor bleach and another cleanser than power washed. It protected very well with no respiratory or odor discomfort. So much better than the paper mask.
August 25, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TimVa Works better than expected
I am in the middle of tearing out 1000 sq. feet of 100 year old horsehair plaster. I could not be more pleased with this respirator. In past demolition jobs, I had used the dust masks you can buy in bulk, but always wound up with foggy glasses every time I took a breath, so I usually would up working without a mask.
This respirator does a great job of allow me to breathe without fogging up my glasses, and when it is on, I am completely free from breathing in the dust.
I highly recommend it.
December 23, 2010
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ENAMELER GREAT product, great service
A+ to Home Depot. I received the Mask the day after I ordered it. Can't get better than that.
As to the mask, when I wear it, I do not smell anything. I'm an artist that oil paints and enamels. When cleaning brushes, putting on varnish, working with enamels, I smell nothing. It's wonderful. In 15 years I'll tell you if it also keeps me healthy.
Enamelists, Wear a mask. Those tiny crushed pieces of glass called enamels are sharp and jagged and can get in your lungs. Be SAFE, wear a MASK.
June 12, 2010
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by djfoste51 Good quality and comfortable
Have not tried out many other respirators but this one was good for the price, relatively comfortable for long periods of time( 3-4 hrs) working in uncomfortable spaces. Highly recommend making the small investment rather than using disposable masks. Two boxes of masks will pay for a much more comfortable and effective respirator.
June 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by cr180 amazing
Get this mask and forget about dust and u can breath like if u r not wearing any mask and its not heavy
September 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ggsuperhero Very useful and easy to use
I purchased a respirator in the past and it wasn't helpful. This one works properly. I am very happy. Thanks for the wonderful product.
July 8, 2014