Scotch Vinyl Electrical Tape Super 88 is a premium grade, 8.5-mil thick, all-weather vinyl insulating tape. It is designed to perform continuously in ambient temperatures up to 105°C (220°F). The tape is conformable for cold weather applications down to -18°C (0°F). It has excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture, alkalis, acids, corrosion and varying weather conditions. The combination of elastic backing and aggressive adhesive provides moisture-tight electrical and mechanical protection with minimum bulk. Scotch Tape Super 88 is an Underwriters' Laboratories Listed and Canadian Standards Association Certified "Insulating Tape".
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) backing
- Pressure-sensitive rubber-based adhesive
- Compatible with solid dielectric cable insulations
- Combines the compatible with rubber and synthetic splicing compounds, as well as epoxy and polyurethane resins
- Inhibits corrosion of electrical conductors
- For indoor or outdoor applications