Western red cedar is a unique and prestigious softwood it outstanding physical characteristics. It offers a rare combination of aesthetic appeal and durability, thanks to its natural decay-resistant composition. Western red cedars superior dimensional stability means that, when properly installed and maintained, project components are likely to stay straight and flat and resist warping and cupping season after season. In addition, cedar is easy to cut, saw and nail with common tools.
California residents: seeProposition 65 information
- Manufactured with strict quality standards, so the profile matches exactly from one piece to the next
- 100% Natural product, it doesn't require any special handling, extra health protection, or pose any cleanup problems
- Western red cedar is easy to finish with solid, oil-based stains and clear penetrating sealers
- With its low density and high proportion of air spaces, western red cedar is the best thermal insulator among the commonly available softwood species and is far superior to brick, concrete and steel
- Note: Product may vary by store.