Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 52
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Kim Set-up was easy, mostly because it resembles our previous unit. The only instruction making me scratch my head, was installing the float for the water.
The season is still young so it is not possible to give an overall rating on this unit.
October 25, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Buck Only one that met my needs.
The first one I owned only lasted three years, but could not find one that compared.
October 18, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Eggbert4 Online disaster
The unit is a bit noisy on the higher fan settings, but otherwise works well. The tanks are easy to refill, but could be larger. They have to be refilled at least once a day.
Simple to use.
October 18, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Biglar Aircare 5 gal. humidifier
The humidifier is easy to set up and operate.The two water containers make it easy for refilling.I set the fan on medium,humidity to 65 percent and the bottles last 20 hrs before refilling.wonderful product
September 20, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Sandy777 Returning it .asap
Its bad firstonewas broken...nowthis oneis to is too. I will not orderitagain
August 28, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jollick A very good whole house humidifier
I purchased the HD1409 a few of months ago and it is a wonderful humidifier. After running on full speed for almost 48 hours, everything in my 3500 sq ft home absorbed the moisture and it has been able to keep the humidity between 35% and 40%. Now it runs as it needs to any mostly on the lowest speed. I do keep it on auto. When on the low speed, you can hardly hear it. High speed is quite loud but it gets the job done. It uses much less electricity than my 2 warm air humidifiers did. I would definitely recommend the HD1409 to anyone looking to humidify a large area.
March 2, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BRSR Good product for the money.
Works pretty good so far, A little noisy but not bothersome,Also I have fill jugs every day.But overall works great,no dry eyes and nose. But make sure it's level or slightly tipped back from the front or the left jug will not work only the right.
March 8, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by WendLburg Workhorse
This is a great humidifier, but you should be aware of the following:
1) Do not place it in the same room as a thermostat. The air it generates is a bit cool, so my heat kept going on, making the rest of the house hot. Problem resolved when I moved it to the back of the house.
2) Be aware of it's measurements. It is large, and may not be a great fit in all spaces.
3) The high fan speed is loud, but once the set humidity level is reached, it rarely powers up to the high level (when run on auto mode).
4) The water bottles can be heavy when filled, so you may want to keep the humidifier near a water source to avoid carrying them longer distances.
5) I set the humidity level to 50, and it took a couple days to reach and maintain that level. The water bottles needed filling almost daily. Now that it maintains at that level, it can go for days and days without needing refills.
6) I have run this workhorse, 24/7 the past 3 weeks. I have been sleeping with the bedroom door open so as to receive it's benefits at all times. I am happy to report that my sinuses are clear, my skin feels less dry, and no more dry mouth and throat when I awake. Added benefit: the animals have received no shocks when I walk across a carpet and pet them! I feel as if their fur even feels softer.
All in all, this household is quite happy!
March 15, 2016