Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 47
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jollick A very good whole house humidifier
I purchased the HD1409 a few of months ago and it is a wonderful humidifier. After running on full speed for almost 48 hours, everything in my 3500 sq ft home absorbed the moisture and it has been able to keep the humidity between 35% and 40%. Now it runs as it needs to any mostly on the lowest speed. I do keep it on auto. When on the low speed, you can hardly hear it. High speed is quite loud but it gets the job done. It uses much less electricity than my 2 warm air humidifiers did. I would definitely recommend the HD1409 to anyone looking to humidify a large area.
March 2, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BRSR Good product for the money.
Works pretty good so far, A little noisy but not bothersome,Also I have fill jugs every day.But overall works great,no dry eyes and nose. But make sure it's level or slightly tipped back from the front or the left jug will not work only the right.
March 8, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by WendLburg Workhorse
This is a great humidifier, but you should be aware of the following:
1) Do not place it in the same room as a thermostat. The air it generates is a bit cool, so my heat kept going on, making the rest of the house hot. Problem resolved when I moved it to the back of the house.
2) Be aware of it's measurements. It is large, and may not be a great fit in all spaces.
3) The high fan speed is loud, but once the set humidity level is reached, it rarely powers up to the high level (when run on auto mode).
4) The water bottles can be heavy when filled, so you may want to keep the humidifier near a water source to avoid carrying them longer distances.
5) I set the humidity level to 50, and it took a couple days to reach and maintain that level. The water bottles needed filling almost daily. Now that it maintains at that level, it can go for days and days without needing refills.
6) I have run this workhorse, 24/7 the past 3 weeks. I have been sleeping with the bedroom door open so as to receive it's benefits at all times. I am happy to report that my sinuses are clear, my skin feels less dry, and no more dry mouth and throat when I awake. Added benefit: the animals have received no shocks when I walk across a carpet and pet them! I feel as if their fur even feels softer.
All in all, this household is quite happy!
March 15, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bill A humidifier that REALLY humidifies.
We had tried other humidifiers for our large living room, and all struggles. This did not. It has two tanks and two fans, so distributes the moisture better than any single-fan unit. We now have normal humidity daylong.
February 10, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Guitarplayer99 Does the job well
Quiet and does the job well. Easy to assemble - no issues.
February 10, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DisappointedConsumer DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT -believe the poor reviews
We bought this from Home Depot today, and my husband brought it home and assembled it, following the instructions. Immediately, the display screen showed the code "EE", which is found no where in the guide or troubleshooting book. To make a long story short, after troubleshooting with the company they offered to send us a new one or to exchange it at the store. Keep in mind that the one sitting in our living room is now assembled and full of water. Are we taking a chance on another unit? No way. Heading to Lowe's for something else. Should've listened to poor online reviews.
November 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Customer1234 Great Product, Exactly what we were looking for
We built a new construction home 2 winters ago and had our first child last winter(located in MN, 2600sq ft home). During the winter months we continued to run 2 small individual humidifiers(one in the baby room and one downstairs) but would continue to get static shocks from light switches and static from the carpet. We also noticed our dog (corgi) getting static from the carpet. I continued to watch the humidity meter which we continued to struggle getting above 20% which was very frustrating, and I knew we needed to finally bite the bullet on a larger humidifier to cover the home.
I wanted something that wasn't too loud, was easy to fill, and would maintain a consistent humidity throughout the home. This unit has met each and everyone one of those needs. I set the % at 30 and the fan on F2 (has F1, F2, F3, and AUTO)and the unit is in our front office which you can still hear, but definitely isn't too loud to watch TV. The unit shuts itself off once it hits or is within 1 of the set percentage. The colder it is outside, the drier it gets, so I notice it runs more(common).
It has 2 fill tanks that are very easy to fill. During the temperature close to zero, I've found myself filling the unit about once a day around the same time. As the temps rise to around 30 degrees closer to filing once every 2 days.
Great unit overall, very happy with it thus far, highly recommend.
February 5, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Techman Works quite well.
Could be constructed a bit better. it's kind of flimsy, but once you have it set up, it shouldn't be an issue. Other than that, this unit works quite well! Sets up easy. It has two removable reservoirs with a nice large opening for filling. The fan is loud when it's on high, but medium and low are not bothersome. I have this in a 2000 sq. ft. home, and it keeps the humidity at a very comfortable level. I'd recommend it.
December 28, 2015