Is it getting hot over here, or is that just us. AmeriGas Propane Exchange is the quick, easy way for you to swap out a tank, or buy a spare. Available at over 48,000 locations nationwide, there is always a local place to get propane you can trust, and get on with your day. With safety being our number one priority, the chemical properties of propane restrict us to only fill our tanks to 80% capacity. Our main concern is the variable expansion ratio of the liquid within the container over a temperature rise. By not filling to 100%, a vapor space is created within the container. This allows room for liquid expansion, should it occur, and allows vaporization of the liquid propane to occur unimpeded.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Visit your local home depot store
- Leave your propane tank outside the store to make an exchange
- Pay the cashier for either an exchange or purchase, and follow the attendant to the propane exchange center
- Grab your new tank when the attendant opens the AmeriGas Propane Exchange Display and swap out your used tank, if you're making an exchange
- Never bring tanks indoors