Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 504
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jay Flawless
Everything needed for installation was in the box. Instructions were perfect. This toilet is a great value and performs much better than expected.
October 21, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by HappyCustomer Very Happy!
We are very happy with this toilet! It has a strong flush to it! We needed a new toilet to replace our 20 year old one. I didn't want to spend a fortune! I read the reviews on this one and watched the video with them flushing chicken nuggets and water balloons, and all kinds of stuff down it so we thought we would give it a try. We had to plunger the old one every time my son used the toilet!!! LOL.......Not with this one!!! I recommend this to anyone looking for a inexpensive good toilet!
April 25, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Smokeyabb Glad that I purchased it.
I like this toilet because it has a strong flush with less water. I had purchased another that was ADA and it was way to high for me and my feet dangled. I returned it and bought this one and it is the perfect height for my 4'11" body. It does't have a lot of water in the bowl but that has not been a problem like I thought it would. I like that I can do a short flush or hold the handle down for more water. Also, it fills quickly, so I am going to purchase another one for my master bath because we have to wait forever before someone else can use it.
February 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MPAKIS It's the little things that make this so easy to install...
I am a 32 year old DIY male and have installed about 6 toilets in my life. It just so happens I installed a Kohler toilet for my dad in his house a month before this one. First off, it took absolutely no tools to install, which is great. You did not need anything except what was in the box. There are 5 reasons I would buy this toilet over the Kohler:
1. The bolts to mount the bowl to the flange include a small flat nut to hold the bolts in place while you line them up with the bowl. It sounds like a small thing but if you have done it before you know this can be a pain to keep the bolts where you want them while you are trying to set the toilet on the flange. See the photos.
2. The kit includes a waxed ring with a flanged horn which you would normally buy as a separate upgrade item instead of using the cheap one they usually include in the kit. It also fits the connection for the bottom of the bowl perfectly. (Side note - I had a little trouble with this because my flange is mounted on top of my finished floor and there is no extra space in the bottom of the toilet to accommodate the flanged horn so it did not work for me. I had to use a regular wax ring. I really just removed the horn from the ring.)
3. American Standard includes nylon washers that hold to the threads of the tank bolts when connecting the bowl to the tank. They also integrated the washer and the nut which spins on a little bearing. This sounds like a small thing too, but when you are trying to hold a nylon washer, a fender washer, and a nut upside down with one hand on a bolt that you cannot see, it really makes it simple. They also include two socket-wrench-like nylon tubes that hold the nut and make tightening a breeze; I thought they looked stupid when I first saw them but they worked great. See photo.
4. To attach the seat to the bowl they include these compression nuts that are very neat. They slide right up onto the threads tight and then when you tighten the nylon screws (with the same weird tube wrenches) they bite and work great. They always make the nylon bolts really long and you end up on your knees reaching under the toilet for five minutes tightening these silly things. With the compression nut it takes 20 seconds tops. See photo.
5. You do not have to cut off the tank bolts. They made the cap taller to accommodate the bolts. Also a small things but on hands and knees with a small hacksaw or wire snips is not fun to do. The hand tighten bolts also make a larger area for the caps to attach to so they are very secure.
This was by far the easiest toilet install I have done.
August 3, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by qwert12345 Cadet 3 Flowise 2 piece: Flimsy seat, buy a better one while you are already at the store and save a trip.
The seat is junk. I weight 200# and it feels like it might break through anytime while sitting down putting my socks on. After about a month it stared abruptly shifting to one side or the other when sat down.
Very annoying. The rest of the toilet works fine. But, not enough water using to clear the bowl every time.
Spend a little extra and check out the contents of any complete kit before you buy it , unless you like making trips to the store to replace a toilet seat that is brand new. Contacted customer service online.
Customer service said they put the cheap seat in the kit to save the customer a few dollars. I suggested charging a little more and include a better seat or not include it at all and charge a little less. Never heard back after that.
January 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ArmchairGuppy No reason to spend more
We initially installed an Ove in our bathroom remodel because of its compact size and sleek exterior. The Ove's mounting bolts could only be accessed by a small-armed woman reaching around in back to the other side inside the back, and then it didn't seat properly. No way were we going to try again. So we returned the Ove to the other store.
Our son recommended we save some money and get the Cadet 3 Flowise from Home Depot . He has them in their house. They were easy to install, and if anyone asked to borrow their plunger he wouldn't be able to find it because they don't use it anymore.
His advice was spot on. The Cadet 3 was a breeze to install first try, with a solid fit, and a generous flush. In another bathroom we have an expensive 2002 Toto Drake G-Max that has performed very well. The Cadet 3 is almost identical in size, i.e. perfect for small bathrooms, but the Cadet 3 has a better flush, and is significantly less money.
Per the reviews, we bought a better seat at the time of purchase, an American Standard telescoping Champion slow close Home Depot SKU #1000031506, which looks much better when the toilet is the first thing you see in the bathroom.
May 6, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TomJ Easy install, tremendous value!
Just installed this toilet yesterday and couldn't be happier with my purchase. Looks great, saves on water use and was super easy to install. I consider myself to be pretty handy around the house, but I'd never installed a toilet before yesterday. I recommend this toilet to anyone looking for a high-efficiency upgrade to their bathroom.
April 5, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TomG Great traditional round front toilet
I needed to replace the toilet in a small 1/2 bath that I'm renovating. With a limited footprint, an elongated bowl wasn't an option and we wanted to keep costs down. This toilet fit the bill perfectly. It's attractive, compact, and has a strong flush. Everything you need to complete the installation is included. The slow-close lid is a nice addition to the package. I was planning on purchasing a new slow-close lid, and the inclusion was a nice surprise. The install took me about two hours, but that time involved painting the wall behind the tank. I'm a relative novice at home repair work and this was very easy. The fact that the innards come pre-assembled really sped-up the install.
We're so happy with this toilet that we are going to install another 2 of these in the upstairs bathrooms. It's a quality basic, non-chair height, round front toilet with a slow close lid that is easy to install and includes everything you need in the box. Solid value and highly recommended.
October 27, 2014