Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 43
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rkb Big on style, easy to clean
My renovation guys had no trouble installing this tub. We used white gloss subway tiles for the surround. The tub's front curve and spaciousness steals the show - stylish and inviting. I chose it to replace a garden tub that made the small-ish master bath seem cramped. This tub adds lots of foot space and the luxury feel that my pre-reno bathroom was missing while keeping me in a reasonable budget range.
August 2, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MelT Wonderful Bathtub
This tub was a great size, lightweight and offered many benefits and features for the price! I highly recommend it!
June 28, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BJ Good product, tricky install
The American Standard tub is very pretty white with the great elegant curved apron, which will match my curved white vanity top. This tub is packaged nicely, very secure. I am very happy with the tub, cant wait to finish the renovation to use it. BUT, following the online blueprints provided by American Standard I roughed in my bath alcove and plumbing while I awaited the shipping to my store. My alcove was 60.25" which housed our previous 60" tub and is the standard size I believe. The American Standard measured out to be 60.25", making for a VERY snug fit which lead me to take a belt sander to my studs to clear up some wiggle room. Follow the instructions and use thinset mortar underneath the bottom. As a tip, keep the mortar modeling clay consistency so it doesn't settle on its own. Also, I bent the oversized washers I had so they would bend around the contour of the lip and tighten both to the tub lip and wall.
October 17, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ludzidprod Looking Good So Far
This tub is exactly as advertised. Although I pride myself in DIY, I am glad this was a project I hired an experience plumber with helper to install. The old tub had a narrower center to the drain so there was quite a bit of pipe relocation to occur. You cannot install a stringer on the drain end of the tub, it would interfere with the overflow connection. Need to finish the ceramic tub surround tiling, then the installation of the matching sliding doors. Hopefully I will be able to post a final picture.
September 20, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ThatRickGuy Spacious
* Needs a mortar bed, used 2 bags, was overkill, could have gotten away with 1 on a flat floor.
* Instructions show a flat lip, actual lip is 1/2"+ deep. I followed the directions for the attaching with roofing nails, just make sure you get screws/nails that are 1/2" longer than what you would expect with a flat lip.
* Tub is described as 60" long, mine was 60 1/4" long. Required some plainning on the studs in the alcove to get it to fit. I managed to chip one corner of the vykrel trying to get it in the first time.
* Tub requires stringers and studs in the right places (especially if you're using the matching surround)
* Drain bottom wasn't perfectly flat, but we mounted the drain before setting it in place to get a really solid seal.
* Seems pretty solid, the vykrel finish took all of the abuse in the construction efforts (except the corner I chipped the first time I tried to dry fit it). The whole vykrel tub is wrapped in a solid layer of fiberglass and the bottom has a 3/8" or 1/2" OSB and 3 runners under it all fiber glassed into place. With the mortar bed I'm expecting no issues for a long time with this tub.
September 8, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Devin Looks amazing!
Sturdy and priced fairly. Curve feature offers extra room over standard.
August 9, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Emily Lovely tub
The Ovation is great for getting more bathing and showering space in a small bathroom. Paired with a curved shower rod (of course) it makes a really roomy shower. I love the look of it, too; a graceful and elegant shape. I'm a little daunted by the cleaning instructions; so many "normal" bathroom cleaning products are on the "do not use" list; can I really only use Dawn dish soap on it? So far it looks fine but it hasn't had much use yet. All in all, I'm very happy we chose it.
November 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Roof Perfect for the price!
I was hesitant on purchasing this tub for only $250. For some odd reason I would've felt better if the tub was in the $400 range. However, after purchasing, this has got to be the best deal in town.
I read in one review, the reviewer claimed the material was only 1/16 " thick. Not true at all.
I'm 61 yrs old, my wife and I installed this tub on a second floor. Keep in mind, you can't toss around the merchandise and expect it not to break.
We did set the tub per manufacturers instructions, in a bed of mortar (2-60lb bags). This was after we tried a dry fit of the tub.
Very pleased with the tub. We clean it with dish washing soap (no cleaners are recommended), and it cleans up spotless.
The center line from toilet to tub did not change enough to make a difference in our bathroom. But, l guess it could be a problem if you are pressed for room.
It is very comfy. The only thing I don't like about it is, once I get in it, I don't want to get out!!
Keep in mind, in any remodeling involving a tub, you probably will have to re-rough the plumbing since something will change from what it used to be.
November 7, 2014