Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 34
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Solid Mid-Price, Convenient faucet appliance
Semi-Professional (or "pre-rinse") faucets say you mean business. From my perspective, after you used one of these, other faucets seem wimpy or inconvenient.
First, the kitchen faucet is the most used appliance in a house - - why be inconvenienced by a design choice like 2 handles when 1 handle control is so much better.
Next, the pull down sprayer is also more convenient than pull-out and side sprays. All pull-out sprays will eventually leak. Side sprays are damaged from frequent pulling & inserting the spray onto the neck.
With this American Standard model, here are things to note:
(1) With AS, you will be able to find or obtain replacement parts. Compare that with other brands.
(2) I was disappointed that at this price point, this was made in China (nothing against China, but American Standard lowers it cost without lowering the selling price). Delta faucets are mostly made (assembled) in the US, although their accessories are made in China. Interestingly, Hans Grohe, the ones I bought, are made in the US.
(3) Although the Pekoe looks tall/big, it's not, at about 21.5 inch high. The metal spring hose tunnel is quite stiff, so you can't direct the hose down too much.
(4) The nozzle is plastic; I thought it is a cost cutting "feature" but some say plastic will insulate hot water when you touch it; I still say it's cheap.
(5) Installation was easy (the hard part is removing the old faucet and making sure your connections are not leaking water, and sometimes old valves need to be replaced. The faucet is held tight to the surface by a great hardware setup - - a plastic collar squeezes the faucet on the bottom surface - - a metal plate is screwed onto the barrel neck, and 3 screws are slowly & uniformily tightened to press against the plastic collar.
A 2nd person is helpful to hold the faucet upright as the the barrel short & allows only a few turns of the metal pressure plate.
My old faucet was poorly designed: pressure was apply by a single phillips head bolt; a better design would be phillips & slot head.
(6) The 2.2gpm aerator allows plenty of water flow.
(7) The nozzle has a spray/stream switch - - when water is turned off, it reverts back to stream. The arm holding the nozzle has a palstic bushing which keeps the hose neck from abrasing againt the arm - - a cheap Home Depot brand "semi-pro" faucet didn't have a bushing (maybe someone removed it from the display), and the connection collar will be worn by inserting the nozzle into the arm.
(7) Styling is "modern" but I'm using it in a traditional style kitchen. The pro bloggers say stick with Delta & Moen faucets (they have great after purchase support over the faucet's lifetime).
The Pekoe also has marked supply hoses for hot & cold. They are 3/8" compression - they didn't have a rubber washer as I see with toilet connections, but as this is potable water, maybe code requires metal-to-metal only - I don't know.
Keep the documentation, and leave it for the next owner. Either you or the next person will likely need a reaplcement part in the faucet lifetime. I couldn't identify my old faucet at all -- no markings, and I dropped $325 (chrome) for this, but it is a far better appliance than my old 2 handle one.
March 4, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Philaduce Looks great, not very functional
This faucet looks great and really added to the look of our semi professional kitchen. However, its functionality is not great. First the sprayer does not reach down much further then where it hangs, making getting into the 11" deep sink impossible!! Also the neck only extends about 6" from the back of the sink edge, so every time you wash hands or anything else your splashing water all over the counter and back splash. We will live with this for now, but will be on the look out for something else down the road.
May 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CMENK2013 Very Pleased
Very pleased with our choice of faucet. Durable and beautiful! Home Depot's shipping took longer than expected.
August 27, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ftluady Sweeeeeeeet!
All I can say is this thing looks great! I was trying to decide between the instore one for $148 from Glacier Bay and this one. Glad I went with this one. What a difference in craftsmenship. I just redid my kitchen and this just adds that final touch of a profesional cooks kitchen! Would highly recomend it.
August 21, 2010
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by wigs Best kitchen faucet ever!
This faucet allows you to cover full double sinks with no problem. Large pots and baked on food much easier to clean. Cleaning off large cutting boards very easy. I would recommend this faucet with no hesitation whatsoever. A little pricey, but well worth the expense. American Standard is an excellent brand and this should last forever!
January 6, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by industrialkitchen Looks amazing!
Looks like an industrial, professional grade faucet. Great purchase!
January 13, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Brand new...and it leaks.
I don't know if ALL of them leak, but mine does. I had it put in less than a week ago and noticed a puddle around the base. The leak is around the handle where you turn on the water. UGH! Here we go again. Another plumber visit.
December 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bigfred overall the product is a very good quality and buy.
The product is made of superior parts and standards. It went on real easy and the stainless steel matched the s/s sink. The facet has alot of water pressure , which takes less time filling pots or cleaning the sink
August 21, 2012