Rated 3.8 out of 5Â by 4
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0Â by NavalLT Solid toilet, reasonable price
Comes with everything except water hookup, although the wax seal was slightly damaged when I opened the box. Also, there was a slight crack on the top of the bowl that I didn't notice until installation was complete, but not so unsightly as to make me want to uninstall the entire toilet and exchange it.
Flushing power is strong. The insulated tank is a bonus.
1. If you install this toilet in a tiled bathroom (like I did), you will need to purchase longer flange bolts and a wax seal "extender" (i.e., a low-height wax seal which will ensure the toilet and provided wax seal fit snugly against your sewer pipe flange). Simply place the low-height wax seal directly on the flange, and then the provided wax seal (which includes a horn) goes on top of the low-height wax seal. No leaks!
2. The toilet seat is flimsy, so I paid ~$6 for the least-expensive solid wood seat at Home Depot for added comfort and robustness. I recommend you do the same.
3. When you install the tank on the bowl, hand fit the gasket on the tank fitting; the instructions don't explicitly say to do this, but instead have a graphic which suggests you can simply stack the gasket on the bowl, and then the tank on the gasket (trust me, that won't work well). In addition, remove the flush lever before you start to provide additional clearance for tightening the left bolt. Finally, make sure the tank is nice and level before you start cranking down the bolts; this will ensure a good seal.
Overall this is a solid toilet at a reasonable price.
December 30, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by doitmyself Works well, solves condensation problem
The previous toilet's tank sweated and dripped in summer, creating multiple issues on the floor under it and the wall behind it. This toilet, with the insulated tank, solved the problem. Flush action is very effective and quick. It Installed easily as this sort of job goes. I had to remove a couple of yellow inspector's marks with a mild solvent, and I had to adjust the fill valve (phillips-head screwdriver adjustment, not as shown in the instructions) so that it shut off with the water below the overflow tube. The included plastic seat and wax seal ring are good for what they are. (I do not understand why a salesperson would recommend not using them, as mentioned in someone's previous review.) I downgraded quality a notch because the included T-head bolts, nuts, and washers for mounting are steel, and are likely to rust in time. (I re-used the like-new brass mounting hardware from the older toilet.) All in all, this is a very good toilet at a very reasonable price.
July 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by 1111troy great value
it was easy to order the toilet and pick it up at the store. We had a plumber that is doing some renovation work for us install the toilet. No worries.
October 30, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0Â by BobSh Disappointing
1. Installation instructions don't match the item. The instructions were identified as being correct for this model but they changed type of water filling mechanism but didn't change the installation guide.
2. The water supply mechanism was not even close to being properly adjusted so the toilet just kept running and AS didn't give me proper information for adjusting.
3. Several clerks in HD told me to not use the toilet seal and the seat provided by AS. So I had to buy another seal and toilet seat. The seal was not as good as the one I bought and the AS seat was flimsy. Why do they make me pay for something that isn't worth using?
I am not price sensitive. I would pay $50 more for a good toilet. I thought I was buying a quality product from a quality manufacturer. I was wrong.
March 26, 2014