AMTROL ST-12 (Therm-X-Trol) is a water heater expansion tank, designed for use in domestic hot water heating systems to eliminate the potential hazards of water expansion. Water heater expansion tank is commonly installed in a domestic hot water system that contains a backflow preventer, a check valve or a pressure reducing valve. AMTROL ST-12 Applications: Residential water heaters, Laundromats, dormitories, office/apartment buildings, restaurants, etc.
- Eliminates the waste of energy and water, thus saving money
- Protects the water heater and plumbing fixtures from premature failure
- Prevents a dangerous pressure build-up in the system
- Prevents the relief valve from going off
- Therm-X-Trol brand is the #1 choice of professional installers
- A professional plumber should check the complete system, including the Therm-X-Trol, yearly and more frequently as the system ages
- Click here to check out our buying guide on water heaters