The EQ-400 Chloramines Whole House Filtration System includes a media upgrade designed specifically to tackle chloramines (chlorine + ammonia disinfectant) in city tap water. Get long-lasting, high performance filtration to reduce harmful water contaminants throughout your entire home for great-tasting, healthy water. Designed for municipal (city) water only; do not use if on a private well.
- Proven to reduce harmful chloramines, an aggressive disinfectant comprised of chlorine and ammonia, commonly used in the municipal water treatment process.
- High-potency catalytic carbon effectively reduces chloramines as well as up to 97% of chlorine and numerous other harmful contaminants including: pesticides, herbicides, rust, water soluble metals and industrial solvents
- Provides clean, healthy, great-tasting water throughout your entire home for up to 400,000 gal. or 4-6 years
- Does not require electricity, drainage, or back flushing and does not create waste-water
- Stage 1 - 10 in. sediment pre-filter reduces rust, sediment and silt
- Stage 2 - catalytic carbon in stage 2 reduces chloramines, chlorine and other chemical compounds
- Stage 3 - large tank of catalytic carbon further reduces chemical contamination as well as pesticides, herbicides and industrial solvents
- Stage 4 - 10 in. sub-micron post-filter reduces any remaining sediment and organic particles