Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 192
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rlester Best choice for under cabinet lights
These LED lights went up as easy as tape. The only trouble I had was the direction the tape fit in to the connectors. Integration with a dimmer and power supply was a breeze. And they look fantastic.
They are far more energy efficient than the halogen spot lights normally used, and require far less effort to install.
I had to drill some holes through my cabinets for wires to pass through, and I did a more advanced installation where I needed to install a receptacle above my cabinets and also install the low-v dimmer in the wall, but these things are not needed in many basic installations.
May 24, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Michael NOT WHITE LIGHT, BLUE LED HUE
If your looking for white warm under cabinet lighting, skip this! The white comes out as a blue hue and makes food look awful. However, we are buying more to do over and under the cabinets. The colors and color options are incredible. If you go to strobe and hold the speed up button, it is an actual strobe light. We will have two total so we can do two different colors for sports games and holidays like fourth of july (red and blue) or green and yellow for Green Bay Packers. Kitchen is only half done and just playing around with it since it will definitely not be used under the counters for normal light.
April 18, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by wolfievtec Great Lighting for a good price!
Lights were pretty straight forward to install. The biggest issue is getting the wires to all the cabinets so they are hidden. I choose to attach the lights on the inside ledge of the cabinets so you don't see the LED reflections on my counter tops. I also thought I may need the dimmer but I actually liked the brightness without a dimmer. Did my whole kitchen for around $100.00.
February 23, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Betty Beautiful, soft accent lighting.
The LED warm white tape light provides beautiful, soft accent lighting. Installation was done by a licensed electrician. He had some issues with installation but resolved issues to his and our satisfaction.
March 8, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MikeTLLC Fun project. Customer loved it.
Best I've seen so far. Really bright. Warm white. Easy to solder to the little solder bumps at multiple locations on the tape. It's hard to see the plus & minus symbols so be careful there cause it won't work if you get it wrong. I used some heavier old speaker wire to join em. I put a switched outlet inside cabinet. The power supply is NOT included, it's extra so it can be pricy. It wasn't in stock at my local Depot.
February 1, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SamAx Lessons learned from a lighting project first-timer
Allow me to share a list of things to be aware of before you buy:
1) These lights are brighter than my kitchen lights, which looks a little odd. Make sure you have really bright kitchen lights.
2) Definitely by the dimmer that's sold separately. It's worth the 20 bucks.
3) The lighting comes with one sample connector, then the directions tell you to go out and buy more. Make sure you buy these connectors while at the store. I used one lighting set for my cabinets and I needed 7 connectors.
3) If you do buy the connectors you will need a drillbit that's at least a 1/2" so that you can fit the connector through the holes.
4) Buy extra wire while you're at the store. It's really cheap so get more than what you need. It will save you a trip later because you might make a mistake in measuring and cutting.
5) You won't need to go out and buy a solder kit but definitely spend a couple of dollars on a pack of wire nuts and electrical tape.
6) There are lots of YouTube videos on installing these lights that are worth watching before you start.
7) Armacost customer service was very helpful and patient with my multiple calls.
Once the lighting is installed, it looks great! Hopefully these tips help you avoid multiple trips to the store.
Lighting project first-timer
February 6, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by sm High quality tape lights
I've used a lot of different LED tape lighting, and this tape light is of the utmost highest quality. It is also the highest lumen output as well. I still use super glue when securing it to surfaces, as I don't trust the tape but also will admit I haven't used it without super glue. I just wish the cost would come down on these. I also wish I could pick these up at the store rather than have to order them online.
December 29, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Gabriel Great little lights!
What a great product. We were able to light up an old china cabinet. Since you can't see the lights, it looks great and doesn't spoil the look of the cabinet. These are pricey, but do a beautiful job, and are easy to DIY.
December 29, 2015