Introduced in 1936, the original BESSEY malleable cast iron bar clamp was the world's first bar clamp. Clamps with traditional wood handles are still available and quite popular however, many models are now also available with composite plastic handles as well as with tommy bar (sliding pin) handles. Many of these clamps have also been fitted with replaceable pressure pads that are easily replaced, and allow for replacement of damaged spindles.
- BESSEY anti-slip system the set screw is molded into the sliding arm and interlocks with the serrated rail to prevent sliding
- Corrugated malleable cast iron fixed jaw and sliding arm generate powerful, rigid clamping
- High-quality profiled steel rail acts as a reliable reinforcement against torsional forces, while the serration on 6 faces additionally prevents the clamp from slipping
- Hardened, smooth-running spindle with acme thread more clamping with less cranking
- Comfortable 2K composite handles
- Top jaw press fitted (swaged) to rail no mechanical fasteners to loosen
- Original BESSEY malleable cast bar clamps are available in 60 different combinations of capacity, throat depth and style of handle