Introduced in 1936, the original BESSEY malleable cast iron bar clamp was the world’s first bar clamp. Clamp with traditional wood handles are still available and quite popular however, many models are now also available with composite plastic handles as well as with tommy bar (sliding pin) handles. Many of these Clamps have also been fitted with replaceable pressure pads that are easily replaced, and allow for replacement of damaged spindles.
- BESSEY anti-slip set screw is molded into the sliding arm and interlocks with the serrated rail to prevent slippage
- Corrugated malleable cast iron fixed jaw and sliding arm generate powerful, rigid clamping and the top jaw is press fitted to rail with no mechanical fasteners to loosen
- High quality profiled steel rail acts as a reliable reinforcement against torsional forces, while the serration on six faces additionally prevents the clamp from slipping
- Hardened, smooth running spindle with acme thread means quicker clamping action
- Comfortable composite plastic handle