Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 109
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by YukonJack The Black & Decker Dustbuster is a GREAT PRODUCT
The Black & Decker 14.4 Li Dustbuster is a GREAT Product that is a high quality portable vacuum cleaner and has more suction power than any other Dustbuster type device I have previously owned. I was a little reluctant about it not having a wall hanging charger, but after receiving this item, I like the base mount charger base better than any other device I reviewed. The long snout reaches into hard to reach places that other type units could not reach.
In addition, I love the blue LED charge light as it works extremely well for a night light in our laundry room where we keep it.
Excellent Product and would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a portable vacuum device.
February 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Thomas Fantastic product!
This is a great handheld vac. The best I've ever owned. Good suction, easy clean up, holds its charge long enough to get the job done properly. I'd recommend it to anyone. Great value too! Finally, Home Depot had this to me in two days from the moment of ordering. Can't ask for more from a product or company!
March 11, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ecben Quiet!!!!
This device is a strong suction dustbuster. Good. That is one of the reasons I bought it. But the other reason I bought it was that it was promoted as quiet. I did not expect it to be silent, but it sounds like a jet engine. It is so loud that when my wife uses it downstairs in the kitchen, I cannot hold a phone conversation in my upstairs office. If this had cost $30, I wouldn't have expected much. This costs the better part of $100. I expected much more. I would not recommend this to anyone who isn't deaf.
September 1, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by tbupset So disappointed.
Bought it mainly to do my car. I have a small car and it could not stay charged for the whole job. Top heavy, awkward and does not get in to small crevices. I would not mind the expense if it worked well. Taking it back. Bought on line, it will probably cost a fortune to send it back. By the way I never do reviews but had to for this.
April 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kard Great Hand Held Vac
This Vac replaced previous B&D hand held Vac with ni-cadd batteries. The old vac was good but slowed down after a couple years then finally died. The lithium-ion batteries do not require constant charging, and maintain their charge several times longer. It was more prudent and to replace the old Vac rather than replace its batteries.
February 19, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Shastagal Black and Decker Dust Buster Max Lithium is the max!!!!!
I received the Max cordless shortly after ordering it over the phone. I was happy to have the price matched when I found it for less @ another site. So far so good. You can leave in on the charger even when it is charged up with no damage. It is powerful and carries a long lasting charge. The built in extender piece makes it easy to clean tight spaces. Great for extended time cleaning of your large mini van and all other vehicles. There really is a difference with these lithium batteries.Very convenient. I am quite content with my purchase!
March 31, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MavenAtLarge Not like your OLD DustBuster
We've had Dust Busters for decades, using them for those relatively small jobs that mess up one's kitchen or bathroom. No Dust Buster -- including this one -- is a substitute for a full-size vacuum for big jobs.
That being said:
1. Very fast charging.
2. Excellent vacuum suction
3. Handy built-in tools (nozzle extender so you don't have to bend as far and flip-up brush).
4. Lithium-ion battery with (supposedly) no memory effect.
1. The nozzle extender slides in and out of the main vacuum area; this means that it reduces the size of the opening, thereby reducing the size object the Dust Buster can pick up.
2. Every Dust Buster we've ever owned was able to be wall mounted on a charging bracket. I assumed this one would be the same -- I saw nothing to lead me to believe otherwise. Bot this one doesn't mount on a wall bracket at all. Its bottom end sits on a circular charging base about 5" in diameter. If you have room to sit it on the FLOOR in the closet (or wherever you'll keep it), or on a SHELF, it'll be OK as is. But we keep it in our pantry/mudroom closet off the kitchen and didn't want it on the floor, and there wasn't any room on the head-high shelf either. That meant that to have it roughly where its predecessor was -- mounted on the wall near the electrical outlet -- I had to build a shelf (with a lip to keep the Dust Buster's base from sliding off the shelf). This was an unexpected job (and expense).
3. It has an amazingly bright BLUE light that indicates whether the Dust Buster is charging (flashing on and off during the charging) or when it's fully charged (constant on when fully charged). The light is so bright you could use it as a night light (or equivalent). To me it's much brighter than necessary and obtrusive.
If you know and understand what you're buying, this could very well be exactly what you're looking for. I rated it 4-Stars, and would buy it again.
October 15, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by snyders2014 great vacuum
it works great and gets in those tight areas as well.
December 17, 2014