Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 123
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Michelle I Have Some Good Info For You About This Stuff
Info that will be good to know before or after you buys this stuff....
1) it WILL turn grey in one year, even if you soak it in Thompson's waterseal like I did the day it installed
2) 1 layer of this makes it about 50% see through, 2 layers 7% see through and 3 layers makes it 1% see through.
3) start with 2 layers and after a year add a 3rd layer to freshen up the look and make it even less see through
4) it can be painted with deck paint. I did a test spot area and 6 mo. later its not fading or chipping so I'll paint it when the 3rd layer I just put on turns grey
5) buy a roll of 18g. galvanized wire and cut it into a lot of 6" pieces. Hook through fence and twist shut to attach to a chain link fence. then bend the ends and tuck them back in. I used zipties at first but many of them broke with the wind so when I added the 3rd layer I went with the wire.
6) if you dont want to go on your neighbors property or ask them if you can, you can still put this up. Just hook wire through fence and back to you every 3' and put one wire at the top of the fence and another mid way down. Just unroll it as you attach on your side
7) i put mine on a 3' fence and its 6' reed fencing but if you want a little extra height ( a few extra inches ) just put a folded up chair or chaise lounge under it as you make your way down the fence and attach it. There will be a little 3' space at the bottom but as the grass grows that will fill in with grass and you can't really see anything through the fence that low anyway.
8) no point in buying a single roll of this since you need 2-3 layers anyway. 4 pack is a better deal.
im attaching a pic of the fence after a year and the new layer of fence I just put on, on the right...
February 13, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Andrew Glad I bought the 4 pack
A single ply of this will NOT suffice. I bought the box to layer a 4' chainlink fence on both sides to cover an open spot that used to be covered with a butterfly bush that was removed. I am a little leery as to how long it will last, and it is feels relatively brittle with how thin the reeds are. The day after installation it stood up to 60 mph wind and storms without a problem. Double ply is the only way to go. I anchored every 2' directly to the tension bar. It took me about 5 minutes to hook it up to the fence using chain link hooks. I used 2 panels for the section, I have a lot left. I will run a single ply along the remainder of the fence where I already have tree coverage to complete the look.
September 18, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tamster We used it as a basement ceiling....
This fencing is exactly what I needed to inexpensively cover our basement ceiling. I gave it 4 stars only because one of the rolls was only 15' long, which makes a big difference when you're going from rafter to rafter. Now the basement looks like a tiki hut (or Bikini Bottom, depending on your kids' perspective). All four rolls came individually wrapped but together in one big box. I'm wondering what other fun projects I can use it for!
October 25, 2011
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bigdog Excellent Product
To make the product last I sprayed with Water sealer to help make the product last
April 24, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jamie Gets the job done!
I wanted some privacy and these worked great for the price.
September 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ruby It added some privacy to my back yard
It did add privacy to my back yard. Easy to install zip ties worked great. takes 2 to 3 people to install. will buy again.
July 5, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 02Les Good screening for privacy area.
Used to screen off an area of my pool deck. Looks real good but time will tell if it will stand up to the Texas heat (sun) and wind.
4 x 16ft lengths in the box were actually 2 x 14'-7", 1 x 15'-6" and 1 x 16'. The second box of 4 I bought were closer to the 16ft. So, be aware if you need them to be exactly 16ft - aim for 15ft and you'll be good.
January 10, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Michelle Can't Beat The Price !
Took me 60 min to install on my own. Would have been easier with help and access to the other side of the fence but no help and didnt want to bug the neighbors to go on their property. I kept the product role folded in half for a double layer. I unrolled it from the way it came and rolled it in the other direction. I kept unrolling it as I went so I could reach around the role to the other side of the fence for the zipties. I installed it on a 3' chin link fence but started it about 2" off the ground by placing two folded up lawn chairs under it as I went down the fence. The grass will cover the gap and this will give me 2" more of privacy on top. I used about 150 6" clear zip ties at the top of the chainlink fence and again half way down it, about 1' apart all the way down. I finished off with spraying it all with thompson's water seal. i got it for privacy since from my one side yard you can see a pedestrian bridge that goes over the water behind my house and lots of people go over it all day. You def want two layers of this! If you have help and access to both sides of the fence, even 3 layers would be amazing. i used two.
July 26, 2013