Open-faced flowers perched like butterflies on tall stems best describes this delightful mix of Butterfly Daisies. Flowers have domed spiny centers of yellowish brown to reddish brown, surrounded by sometimes drooping petals called rays in vibrant carmine-red, deep golden-yellow, light purple, or dazzling white. You’ll enjoy this sensational display in your garden from summer through early fall.
- Long lasting blooms in cut-flower arrangements or dried-flower displays
- Bloom in summer through first early frosts
- Adaptable and tolerant of drought, heat, humidity and poor soil
- Prefer full sun to partial shade
- Grows 12 in. to 18 in.
- Plant 18 in. to 24 in. apart
- Perennial in zones 3-9, dig roots and store indoors in colder areas
- Growing instructions: Echinacea (butterfly daisy): select a location that receives full sun to light shade where the soil drains well, loosen the soil to a depth of 6 in. to 8 in. and place the root vertically into the soil with the eye facing upward about 18 in. apart. Cover with 1 in. to 2 in. of soil and water in, water plants sparingly, as they are drought tolerant, plants can remain undisturbed indefinitely, hardy in zones 3-9