The rewind starting/recoil system is operated by pulling a starter rope. The rope is attached to a pulley and return spring that spin the flywheel to start the spark plug firing and the engine running. If your rewind binds when you pull it or does not rewind freely, it may be time to replace it.
- Fits most 422000, 400000 and 402000 Briggs & Stratton engines
- Help keep your outdoor power equipment running at peak performance by using Briggs & Stratton replacement and maintenance parts
- Only Briggs & Stratton genuine parts are specially designed to exact OEM standards, manufactured and tested to help deliver optimum performance in Briggs & Stratton engines
- Not only are Briggs & Stratton genuine parts guaranteed to fit, but using them ensures that the Briggs & Stratton engine they are installed on complies with applicable (EPA) emission regulations
- There are no substitutes when it comes to keeping engine powered equipment healthy, to maximize engine life, meet original equipment specs and provide full warranty coverage, always use genuine parts from Briggs & Stratton