Rated 4.3 out of 5Â by 105
Rated 4 out of 5Â by tym1 very happy with it, although the tray could be a little deeper for putting weight on it and mabye some eyelets on the side for securing the weight from shifting around on side slopes. you will need lots of pulling power depending on how much weight you need for proper penetration so a smaller tractor might have trouble on any hills
May 19, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Grumpy High Quality and Performance!
Assembled with my wife and was impressed with quality of components. If you have a pneumatic ratchet I highly recommend for assembling the spoons to shaft bodies. I left the under tray slotted hardware loose until I hooked the assembly to the trailer hole on my John Deere D140 and then adjusted flatness of tray before tightening these last four blots. Sits nice and flat after raising wheels. I aerated .6 acres in one hour with about 180 pounds of bagged soil tied onto the tray. Great results!
April 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by MiniFarmer Great Aerator and Great Company!
I completely believe in buying American whenever possible, and this is a great Made in America piece of equipment. I recommend you follow the soil conditions info in the manual or you will (as with any aerator) break some of the plugging spoons (B-4855-10 - costs $1.30 each on 7/1/2014).
Product comes with a 2 year warranty from Brinly Hardy, and they will replace some of the spoons one time only. I broke 6 after 9 months of use - once 1 breaks, the rest start popping due to the unequal weight balance. Warranty for Brinly Hardy sent me 8 so I would have a few extra in the future.
Great product! Great company!
July 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Frosty Great Product!
This is a great product for the price. I checked out several other makes and models and this is definitely the best bang for the buck hands down.
* Assembly was straight forward, lots of nuts, bolts and washers. I didn't have any missing parts, I inventoried all my parts before starting the assembly due to some reviewers stating they were missing parts. I did have about 10 left over nuts and bolts.
* I have a John Deere D140 and the unit sits on a severe downward angle, I was unable to level the unit according to the instructions. This didn't affect operation, I'm not to happy with the angle it sits on. I'll definitely be contacting the manufacturer about this to see if there is an adapter to correct this problem.
* Do yourself a favor and read the instructions, I've found the majority of negative reviews are related to "not" reading the instructions and following procedures.
* Make sure the lawn has been watered sufficiently before operating. If you don't, the aerator will ride the surface and tear the lawn.
* I operated the aerator at the speed of a mild walk and got great penetration at 3", good spacing and plugs that pushed out nicely.
* I used 4 pier blocks for additional weight and as stated, 3" plug depth was consistent.
Recommendations to the manufacturer:
I would really like to see the addition of a drop spreader for a 2 in 1 combination, with a drop spreader on the back it would reduce a second operation and would keep the plugs from being crushed back into the soil.
The key for good operation in my opinion boils down to:
Correct soil moisture, pulling the unit slowly and adding weight to the unit.
I would recommend this unit with out hesitation, great product for the money!
April 17, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Redsoxfan1964 Pain to put together but works great once I finished assembly.
Ease of use ONCE BUILT is simple....probably was buidling it. Took longer and was more difficult than I expected. I am fairly handy but I had trouble attaching the "Plugs" to the axel. Just be prepared for more work putting it together than you think it will be. Go to the store and buy an assembled one if you can.
September 2, 2014