Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 39
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Remi1fan Excellent Choice
This fan is not only attractive but it functions very well. I like that it has no brand displayed. Having two light settings is perfect and the variable speed on the fan gives me nice flexibility.
September 23, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BR38 Awesome fan
Don't try installing this yourself. I scratched my kitchen cabinets in my many attempts. Had to move the electrical over from the previous fan as well. Watch out for burrs! Cut my hands up when aligning and insulating the damper. Finally did get the bugger installed myself but had to contort my body to hold the fan and fasten the hood. Removes heat and odor efficiently. I cleaned the oven and the smoke alarms did not go off! Took a reading with a laser thermometer and the temp of the counter adjacent to the stove was the same temp as the living room while the oven was self cleaning. It looks great and is somewhat noisy when on high.
July 26, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Danny This fan really SUCKS!
Works a little too good. For best results I leave it on halfway to 3/4 speed
September 13, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rita Great appliance
Looks great in our kitchen. This is perfect for my mother with asthma.
August 16, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by rogerx Great (awe-inspiring) Exhaust Range Hood!
Do not get this review wrong, as my initial experience with this range hood seems overall great and awe-inspiring! I've added some cons, or some items the manufacturer likely over-looked.
Even though I only have an electric range, the electric range seems to require 300 CFM for adequate exhaust of minor cook top cooking, with around 500 CFM for oven use. At first, I though I was over-doing the exhaust for my electric range cook top. But after performing some tests and being attentive to odors within the house, those previously mentioned values appear to be correct. I have plenty of make-up air, as it is summer and the windows are open.
1) Really sucks out the combustion by-products over the range, sounding like one of those commercial hoods used within commercial businesses! I can now finally cook on my range, without smelling any of my oiled cast iron pans smoking up the kitchen!
2) Unlike the smaller range hoods, this one drops down a good ten inches and out from the wall by about 22 inches. Based on these values, I judged this to be the best range exhaust hood, and ignored the suggestion the hood is less than 24" from the top of the cook top. I'm only one inch, to at most two inches outside this suggested specification, but I'm really glad now as I would rather have a hood too low versus having the unit too high with my head banging into the range hood. I think this specification maybe more pertinent for larger gas ranges, due to heat? If my installed range hood were another inch or two higher, I would likely not see the hood at all before my head hit the hood! At 22-23 inches above my cook top surface, I can still adequately view all pots and pans just fine.
3) Plenty of extras screws? (I ignored the packet of screws, and just used three inch decking screws as usual.)
1) Only includes a metal 3/8" (1/2 KO) NM clamp connector. The metal NM clamp connectors usually require you to cut away some drywall material, or have some space behind the unit for the metal clamp to reside behind the metal body of the range hood. The product should have included plastic 3/8" (1/2" KO) NM clamp connectors, as the plastic NM clamps do not require any space behind the metal body of the range hood. Dinged one star, as I only had metal clamps around the house, and will likely require reinstalling the unit to get a plastic NM clamp on the range hood at a later time. Sometimes, there's no problem as the drywall has a whole in it. (Shrugs.)
2) Although the stainless steal baffle grease filters were well protected with blue plastic, and likely stamped while having the blue plastic on the sheet metal, the sides of my range hood had no protective blue plastic! So during installation, the sides of my range hood acquired some minor scratches. Overall, I find it odd that there was no protective blue plastic on the range hood except for the baffle grease filters.
3) Although I've labeled the fan and light controls on the front of the range, still somewhat difficult to use the controls absent from viewing, as one is a (fan) switch and the other a (light) knob, with a knob for the adjust the fan level. Not really a con as the unit functions as intended for which is far more important, but could have used maybe a little more thought within the engineering to make easier use of the switches and knobs.
4) The unit is heavier than expected. (But who cares right? It sucks are like a jet engine! ;-) Be advised that the fan within the hood weighs considerably more than other range hood fans. This range hood was packaged with some extremely small 1/4-1/2" long screws, for which I merrily tossed-off to the side and used at least 4 x 2 1/2" to 3" decking screws! So far, my unit hasn't fallen down and seems pretty darn stable! I shudder to think what would have happened had I used the short pre-packaged screws.
5) Removing the protective blue plastic from the baffle grease filters is tedious, as well as some of the protective blue plastic was not able to be removed from the sheet metal seems, as it looks like the baffles were stamped with the blue plastic on the sheet metal.
6) Some of the sheet metal screws were extremely tight or overly torqued. Installers or consumers will likely need a flexible drill adapter with socket to remove the screws holding the fan on for adapting vertical installation to horizontal installation. (Or a socket set with flexible extender, etc.)
August 25, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by khiem2007 Not really good
I install the vent, but braket to hold the vent it's not hold strong, I feel it's should be full off.
April 29, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Trosie It is a high quality product
Well built and strong air volume when needed. Lights are nice and bright. I wish it came with a built in cleaner though!
April 26, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 1earplugs EAR PLUGS
looks great, easy installation, the only problem I see so far is that unfortunately the fan is way to loud. We had done some research on the appliance, and most said the fan was pretty quit, well it is way to loud.
I WISH I WOULD HAVE PUT A REMOTE FAN IN MY ATTACK, AND HAVE IT DUCT TO THE UNIT
November 5, 2015