Rated 3.6 out of 5 by 8
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by paul Solid wood floor
There were quite a few (25%) of the boards had flaws in them. Tounges were missing and damaged boards. This was true of all 1200 sf
July 12, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by MikeD Looks great initially, but will not hold up over time.
I ordered 15 cases of the salsa cherry maple which shipped very quickly. Little to no waste per box and the milling and finish was near perfect on every piece, very consistent. My contractor installed this in our kitchen as part of a total remodel. The overall initial appearance is excellent and looks very high end.
Now the downside...I was hesitant to put hardwood in a kitchen since it's such a high traffic area, but the wife really wanted it. The finish on this product is very shiny and looks great but it mars and scratches very easily. The maple seems very soft and you can make an impression in the finish with just your fingernail. Although it looks great upon initial installation, I can already see scratches in the finish and that is with us being super careful trying to avoid abuse. Scratches are hard to notice overall but when the light hits the floor at a certain angle you can see them very clearly.
I anticipate the finish will not last and in a year or two it will look horrible and need to be totally refinished. The rest of our house is hardwood but was not pre-finished so it has a much more durable polyurethane finish which holds up much better than this product.
I would only recommend this particular flooring if it is used in a low traffic area or for a household without kids or pets. I regret not going with the Bolivian Rosewood which was our alternate choice. It is a much harder and more durable wood which would have held up better over time.
June 28, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ScarryJerry Propduct Manufacturer needs better quality at the factory
Home depot did a great job at getting this shipped to the store and notifying me that the order was in. I have a beef with the manufacturer. Through about 16 of the 19 boxes, I had 1-2 boxes that the material was at best marginal. There were
- Large gashes on the underside of the boards, compromising the integrity of the piece.
- Tongues were milled away. Not split or torn away, You could see the rough saw marks in the remaining face.
- Black marks all over the finish face of the board. Not streaks in the grain. These were obviously poor quality samples and should not of been packaged in the first place.
This was about 10% of the total order, and not acceptable, in my opinion.
I plan on taking these back to Home Deport for a refund. It is not their fault, but Home Depot needs to insist on better quality from their suppliers.
At this time I do not recommend this product for others or buyer beware on this purchase from Bruce flooring.
March 21, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by paulrdallas Amazing product!
Surprisingly, I have not had to toss any boards from the 9 boxes I have purchased. 90% of the boards had no perceivable warps, bends, knots. The remaining 10% could be used. It the board was warped, I would hit the nailer harder to ensure it went in straight, or I would cut it down for use at the ends.
Color is consistent and the few oddball boards were placed where the bed will be placed.
Overall, I have had a great experience with this product.
January 22, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Louie Great product looks beautiful
Very good quality with minimal waste. Color was uniform throughout.
December 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mewser Very pleased with finished product
We chose the darker finish for something different in the bedrooms - the rest of the house is all natural maple. The two colors look beautiful together. My husband and daughter installed the floor, and they said it went quite smoothly. There was probably one warped board in each box, but in general, the quality was very good. We put protectors on the bottom of all furniture, but we still ended up with some marks here and there - more like denting or drag marks, not quite scratches. There were a couple of mishaps during the installation, and even tiny scratches are pretty obvious with the darker color. I think it will be great for bedrooms, but I would be hesitant to put this dark color in a high traffic area. It is really beautiful though!
February 17, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ct123 Good looking with moderate quality
It looks beautiful even though there are variation of the color. The problems is there are lots of dents and scratches. Either they came from the factory or happened during the installation. I thought maple is hard but it doesn't seem to be so.
May 18, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by HomeDecor Wood Flooring
As described. Solid Wood Flooring. Average coating.
March 10, 2015