Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 54
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Excellent look, easy installation!
Great product! Looks wonderful in our kitchen. I do wish it had come with little clips or something we could mount to help keep the jumper cabling and power cables neatly hidden away. Ended up just stapling them in place out of view.
Also, in the instructions it says to use the double sided tape to mount the channeling brackets. Do not do that. The brackets already have tape attached to them, you just peel off the backing and stick it where you need it.
Had them installed in under 20 minutes after reading instructions carefully and making sure we had enough light where we wanted it! (since one you cut the lights into sections, you can't put them back together, so plan it out first!)
February 27, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Virgil Great LED lighting
We used this product for a whole wall unit - cabinets on the bottom and display shelves above the lighting was installed for the display shelves, and now I also used it for above and below cabinet lighting for the kitchen. This is an outstanding product!! The LED's are dim-able which makes them perfect for the display shelves. I can wholeheartedly recommend this system!!
April 14, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by RayLED Can't cut, low lumens
It does not work for under cabinet lighting. Maybe an odd sized decoration, but not worth the money. Try searching web for cuttable
strips for about $25 for 15 ft!
March 24, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BNYC AWESOME...but use 1/2" foam double stick instead of brackets.
This product is nearly perfect in my book. Exactly what I was looking for and super easy to install. The dimmer is a major plus. One suggestion I have is to use 1/2" width double stick foam tape along the entire length (instead of supplied brackets) for a completely seamless look. See photos.
September 24, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JPinTN Super Easy Install and looks and works GREAT!
So glad the Home Depot associate recommended this...super easy to install and really nice when installed. Love the 5 dimming modes and the full on to dim off is a nice feature. Also like that all pcs are controlled by 1 switch. Price was good and product is customizable to each individual project...don't have to use standard lengths like 18", 24", 36". Only wish it was more flexible side to side (we wanted our cabinet lighting to shine down and not out from the wall, couldn't make it around the corner so we just cut across the corner, see pic).
I did not use the track pcs...just double sided tape and so far so good. I would and have recommended this to friends and family. May buy a 25' pc for our kids rooms.
March 5, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Theisbr Verry bright, but plan out your layout before you order
I purchased 3 of the 6 foot sets and several accessories to install under my cabinets in my kitchen. We moved to a new residence a few months ago and had under cabinet lighting in our previous residence. We quickly realized that we needed lighting in our new kitchen as well. I hesitated about using LED lighting for fear that it would not provide enough light, so I used two rows of LED strips mounted parallel to each other under my cabinets and they have been plenty bright. I have had them in for 2 months now and have been very pleased. We now have nice even lighting along the whole counter top and our tile back splash is also nicely highlighted.
Here are a couple of things that I learned while installing these lights.
1) Carefully plan out your layout. The 6' kit comes with 11 segments that are ~7" long. These kits do come with some accessories, but I found that I needed extra mounting track, "U" connectors, and extra jumpers to install the lighting the way I wanted it. If you plan all that out in advance, you can place one order and not get delayed or have to pay extra shipping when you have to order one more piece. I actually ordered some extra pieces just in case I came up with a better plan once I started the installation. Returning the extra was easy.
2) The included power supply can only power 25 LED strip segments, or just under 15 feet. If you are going to run more than this you will need to buy one of the larger power supplies.
3) For my installation, I needed to include a lighting on both sides of my OTR microwave. This required a jumper of about 11 feet. Unfortunately the longest jumper offered is only 40 inches. OptiLED customer support informed me that I could splice in a length of 24 guage wire into one of the jumpers to get the length I needed. This allowed me to go from the bottom of my cabinet, up to the top, over my microwave and back down the other cabinet to my last couple strips of LEDs.
4) When cutting the LED strips, I had trouble staying right on the line using scissors. When my cut was not completely perpendicular, the lights would not work when the connectors were attached. I eventually switches to a sharp knife (chef knife) to get my straight cuts and my lights worked wonderfully.
5) I used the Channel Brackets to attach the lights to my undercabinet. As mentioned earlier, I mounted the lights in parallel strips. I ran into two problems doing this. First, I mounted the first strip too close to the front of my cabinet. That made it difficult to fit the strip in once the connectors were attached. The connectors stick out a further than the channel strip. The second problem is that I mounted the parallel strip to close to my first strip, again making it difficult to install the second strip as the connectors were not far enough apart. Give yourself a little space for the connectors. This spacing issue makes it difficult to use the the "U-Connectors" because they do not provide for enough space for connectors at the other end.
6)Some people have said that the included double sided tape does not hold well. You need to clean the bottom of your cabinets before you apply the double sided tape. I cleaned my cabinets with rubbing alcohol as per the instructions and I have had very little problem with the lights falling down. The problems that I do have are because the previously mentioned issue where I installed them too close to the front lip of the cabinet and the connectors are pulling against the double sided tape. The other sections that do not have this problem do not fall down. Clean the bottom of your cabinet and your channel strips will not fall down.
7)I used the Channel strips to attach my LED strips to the bottom of my cabinet. The included brackets were not enough, so I ordered 2 sets from this website. Each of those packages came with two 40" strips. The description does not make it clear how much you are getting, but you do get 80" of channel strip. I cut mine down to either 2" or 4" so that I could have 2 or 3 stips on each segment of LED strip. (I have 14 separate segments and my longest LED strips are 21" or 3 LED segments). I used two 2" strips on any single 7" LED segment and 3 on any strip of 14"or 21".
Overall I am very pleased with the lights and the look they provide. Hope this helps you in your decision.
April 7, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by mak66 nice unit really like it
used theese lights for under cabinet lighting worked very well except could have used more attaching blocks or back of entire strip could have been double sided tape and not needed clips at all. the dimable feature is very nice, the lights work very well. i felt the price was a bit high but i do like the end result
April 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 GREAT FOR UNDER DESK!
I ordered this kit to give my gaming setup a different look, It adds great light to my room and the led strips i placed under the desk so i don't have glare on my computer monitors. All around great product.
May 24, 2012