Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 20
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TOMH California Air Tools 210DLV
the compressor arrived with no oil in it but a little plastic bottle with the oil in it and easy to instal. install the wheels and the 2 rubber stoppers and the compressor is ready to run. works great. I will say I am very happy with this Compressor. Thank you California Air.
February 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BlazNT Love it.
I'm replacing a 20 year old Craftman 5 hp oil less compressor. I am very happy with the speed of air fill. About 4 times faster than old compressor(I completely rebuild the old compressor for this test). With the smaller air tank it does cycle more when using my tools but it is less on time even with that in mind. Price was just the best I could find at Home Depot.
Only problem I have and this is my fault. It tips over easly. Dont pull the hose too hard or you will have to use an extractor to remove the remaining quick connect and replace it. Lesson learned.
September 24, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RonHDguy Good for the money - But!
This is a good product for the money. However, Cal Air Tools has problems with design changes and quality.
1. Installation is required for the air filter by the buyer. No problem most of the time. The one provided did not fit behind the control panel. Had to remove the control panel AND purchase stand-offs so the control panel could be attached without bumping into the air filter.
1b. The compressor cowling was over the threaded hole for the air filter. So, had to loosen the plastic cowling and realign it so the air filter could screw in.
Looks like a change to the air filter and they never bothered to see if it could just be screwed in place. No check on their design for customer installed items. I should not have to disassemble, and buy hardware to get it together.
2. Oil is not supplied as stated in the manual. After looking for the oil container discovered that it was already in the compressor. An insert into the manual would be nice.
3. Leaks air. Had to tighten up all lines and all screws to the unit at least a half turn. Not a very good manufacture assembly process.
4. Air release valve has something inside the tank. Probably welding filings, etc. When opened to release the air there is an air blockage sound - smooth flow then stutter. When I have time I'll take this valve out and see whats inside.
Overall I'd recommend this unit, aside from the quality and design issues. If you are using this equipment you should be handy enough to address these miss-steps and get on with nailing, etc. The price is right and it's been in daily use for over 3 weeks.
April 4, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by wowser55 No problems. Does it's job great!
This air compressor does everything it's supposed to do and I've had no problems. The only time I don't like it is when I have to carry it. It's heavier than smaller compressors. It has wheels so it can be rolled on flat surfaces though.
March 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Aabac13 This Air Compressor works good and looks pretty.
The one I have is a 10 Gallon Oiled Air Compressor. It's almost a month that I'm using it, and it is working very good. It supplies and fill-up the the whole 10 gallon tank in just a few seconds. It really requires a small space to fit-in the whole unit. It is a good looking Air Compressor and not very expensive. The quality and value of this unit is excellent.
July 10, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by None For the price this is a good buy.
Ordered this item online and it was received damaged. The line from the compressor motor to the tank was crushed and the whole compressor was soaked in oil. I contacted customer service and explained to them the damages to the compressor. They ordered another one and because I needed it ASAP for a workshop I was building, Home Depot sent the knew one overnight delivery at no additional cost to me. I also requested that the replacement be pre inspected. The knew one was fine however, the bolt for the wheels axil is a smaller diameter than the actual hole in the wheel which causes the wheel to wobble some. The compressor is a bit top heavy and because the handle is short it is a bit awkward to pull around. Most of the fittings were a tad loose but all and all it works great.
August 30, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Couple issues
Okay so this is a great looking compressor it runs good and airs up fast. It is a little louder than I expected but no big deal. Okay, the reasons for the less than excellent rating.
1. In retrospect for the price and problems I had on setting up the compressor it should have come with an accessory kit. This is sour grapes but something to consider.
2. The wheel set-up is poor and the equipment provided to install the wheels leaves them floppy and loose. Again not that big of deal although if you don't fix them with some extra washers (not provided) the compressor walks around a little when running.
3. The brass drain valve on the bottom of the tank broke the first time I opened it. Replacement ball valve will cost you about $10. Kudos to Home Depot here, they took care of me on a replacement as California Air Tools didn't seem to care when I visited with them. Thank you Home Depot.
4. The brass elbow connecting the regulator to the manifold with the gauges was leaking at start-up, this required taking it apart and using teflon tape on the joint to stop the leak. You just wouldn't expect to have to do this. At least I didn't for the money spent.
5. The connecters leak a little with the hose plugged in, this could possible be the connecter on my hose although it is new. Just wanted to be thorough.
If you are capable of fixing these minor issues I think it is an okay compressor for the money, just don't expect to pull it out of the box and go right to using it. You may have to fix a few things first
April 30, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Daddyo looks nice handy dual connectors
assembled easy no problems with air filter as mentioned by other reviewers. fills tank quickly does not leak down. runs a ratchet and die grinder if used in short burst. most tools use more than this thing outputs so long jobs require some waiting for it but it catches up quickly. Oil was in it already.
August 6, 2013