Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 11
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mudfoot Pretty easy.
This DVR is just what I wanted. Sets up easily. I do not have cable or dish and can now record and playback shows and movies from free air antenna tv. Works great.
April 21, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by TVFAN Very expensive product-doesn't deliver the goods
This product has no instruction manual. It doesn't have live support, only email. It started to work OK for the first 2 weeks and then it radically changed how to interact with it. I have to do a manual recording that results in no titles, to get it to record at all and I cannot count it on to record. The guide is only 24 hours in advance and although I ask it to record all TV shows with that name, it does not, and I have to manually put it in daily. I have lost nearly 30% of selected programs to record. The other 70% I have had to micromanage in the moment. Some things it actually refuses to record even though I am asking it to multiple times, real time.
October 10, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jac Great Product
We bought this DVR+ for our vacation home where we spend a few months each year. Didn't want the expense of cable or satellite. This works great with just an aerial for recording shows and watching later. Easy to install and easy to use. The onscreen guide is best when there is an Internet connection (which we did not have), but we still adequate with no internet.
February 16, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jhorse DVR works but has software problems which needs attention by Channel Master.
The DVR has very limited printed instructions and only repeats these online. Channel Master needs a better menu to allow one to modify/edit series recordings. Very confusing and no instructions. When watching live TV and not recording you can not pause or rewind. When attempting to pause, the DVR goes back to a program that I never recorded, NOT GOOD! You can only do 2 things when using DVR, watch a program and record a program; or record 2 programs and watch one of those programs live without the ability to pause or go back.
If you have been using a dish, DirectTV or cable DVR you will be very disappointed in this DVR! DVR is way over priced!
April 24, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Alex Channel Master DVR
DVR arrived, I connected everything per instructions including Ethernet for internet connection which is suppose to allow a 14 day updated guide of channels. Everything worked fine till about 2 weeks later when my guide started showing "UNKNOWN EVENT " instead of the name of the show that's coming on. I emailed and talked to tech support for Channel Master and they gave me suggestions of things to try to see if it fixed, well nothing worked and they have stopped responding to my emails for over a month now. I understand everything has flaws and most things are fixed after a few attempts at different things, but to stop responding all together is a bit pathetic. The unit does work for the most part but I still don't know what is coming on because the guide doesn't have the show title instead just showing "UNKNOWN EVENT" and even if I know what was on that channel as long as "UNKNOWN EVENT is listed it will not record that channel. I also think the unit is overpriced for $399. The one without Hard drive included is priced okay so this one should be around $300 including 1TB hard drive. Hard drives are not that expensive anymore. The remote is too small, I cant read some of the buttons even with my reading glasses on. One thing I do like about the remote is that it illuminates so you can see the main buttons, would be better if all buttons illuminated. Over all, not bad.
January 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Susie Brilliant!
I had to 2 problems in the learning curve... the service help was wonderful.... I love the DVR.
December 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by yankeephillo Amazing
used to have cable DVR, this unit has a much better picture quality. Plus it has internet capablities which greatly enhances TV enjoyment. I liked this unit so much, I bought another one for the wife to use on her TV.
August 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jbeggs Add your antenna and this is the perfect alternative to satellite or cable!
Perfect solution for us over-the-air people:) Works very similar to my previous satellite controls.
Amazing design and size! The thickness is as small as the rear connectors!
Home Depot is the perfect on-line store as you can return in the physical store as if you purchased it there - no hassles!
The only negative thing is the price. But since this is the only box on the market with no monthly fees, the price is recouped in 2yrs.
April 15, 2015