Drywall framing is not designed to bear vertical or horizontal loads, but will produce a very strong wall when the studs are faced with drywall panels on both sides. Western Metal studs are roll formed galvanized steel and made with punch holes so they are ready for plumbing, electrical and data lines. Drywall framing is also easier to work with than wood. Track is attached to the ceiling and directly below on the floor. Studs are then cut to the desired length using metal snips or a metal chop saw, thus allowing for variations in the floor-to-ceiling connections. The studs are then twisted into place as required by the stud spacing requirements. Studs and track are then screw attached and the appropriate panels applied.
- Can be engineered for load bearing applications
- Steel is a dimensionally stable material, therefore it will not shrink, warp crack or twist
- Studs and joists come with pre-punched holes for wiring and plumbing applications
- Connections are screwed not nailed, thus making stronger connections
- Not susceptable to rot, mold or fungi
- Hot dipped galvanized
- Note: Product may vary by store