Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 14
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by jtr Looks nice but quality control suffers
Once assembled the product does look nice. I purchased three of these and had the following results:
1) First drawer went together as expected. No issues. However, one of the dozen odd nails was completely rusted. How does that happen in a sealed package?
2) Second drawer had one slide that would not match to the pre-drilled holes. I tried several ways including switching slides from left to right. Nothing worked and I ended up drilling new holes for the one oddball slide. Both slides came in the same sealed package and were stamped SH-ABC but did not match.
3) Third drawer had problems with both slides. This time they lined up but the holes drilled in the slide for the screws (part #50605) were too big. I thought perhaps they needed the other screws (part #95842) but that would have left the smaller screws for attaching the rail hangers and they were too small. Off to the toolbox for some small washers and assembly continued.
Overall, the value suffers for a $50 item. Luckily I bought one of these at my local store on clearance but purchased the other two online because no other store in my area carried them. I've bought entire kitchens from IKEA and never had a problem with their flat pack kits. Yes, its pressed wood and you have to be careful with assembly but when you consider its just one drawer for the price as opposed to an entire cabinet the price point needs to be set lower.
March 22, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Sacramento Sturdy and well made.
We bought seven of these drawers to make a queen size pedestal for our bed. They are easy to assemble and well manufactured. The only down side I saw to them was the cardboard backing on the drawer unit. It's not visable and the units are well built so it's just a very minor issue. Our only other problem was that the drawer faces were the same size as the unit and we ended up have to raise them a little bit to keep the drawers from scratching up the wood floor. Over all, a very good product, pricing was a bit high but not out of reach.
May 30, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jamie1 Great addition to closet organizer
Absolutely love these drawers as an addition to the closet maid elite organizer. I really didn't want all wire bins or cloth baskets, so these were a great find. They look great, are well built and are very roomy. Sturdy construction and easy to put together. Overall a great value at a great price.
July 30, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by gatorback Pricey and material are delicate / scratch easy
Purchased 3 units and found that they scratch easily and are pricey considering they are laminated particle board. Expect inexpensive hotel furniture. Instructions are well written and parts are properly identified. Be prepared to spend time to assemble.
October 6, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mickey Poor quality laminate
After reading the other reviews, I was super excited to buy this product. I bought five of the white drawers from this set. 4 of the 5 had large water/coffee/burn stains in the laminate. The laminate itself is the cheapest I have ever come across. It is extremely thin (so much so that you can see the pressed board thorough it) and chips rather easily. As I was screwing in the provided hardware, the laminate and press board began cracking all around the hardware. I ignored it because I thought, who cares, you won't see it. When I started unpacking my second box, the top (panel B) had multiple stains all over it (front and back.) I then opened the next four boxes and they all had the same problem. I took a mist bottle of water, sprayed the top and immediately wiped it down hoping it would come out. Not only did it not come out, the finish on the laminate did not hold up to what laminate usually holds up to. It began to have small little bubbles in it. If I hadn't wiped it up immediately, I would have blamed it on me allowing the mist of water to sit. I then realized how thin the laminate covering was. It is almost like a super thin sheet of plastic clear wrap like you would use for wrapping items to put in the refrigerator. I am taking it all back and will not recommend this product AT ALL. If the laminate was of decent quality, I would recommend this product, but it is super duper thin. I personally like the durability of laminate, but this is not one I feel confident in. Use caution when buying so you do not waste your time nor money. I am concerned and almost 100% certain that the laminate will not hold up to daily use.
September 24, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by kathyrbl Good product -- relatively easy assembly for a divorced mom
This product is easy to assemble and the pictures and directions are clear. I have a few tips for anyone who wants to install them as a bureau (with no space between them) within a closet as I did.
(1) The vertical standards have to be hung perfectly for the drawers to hook onto them. Measure carefully and then leave your screws slightly loose on the vertical to have a little wiggle room. Hook on a drawer below and above the screw for perfect alignment before fully tightening.
(2) The drawers will not fit over the screw in the vertical standard without some modification as they are not flat enough. If want to use all of the vertical you need to make a few tweaks. Buy the toggle bolts (Model # 2877) as the screws have flatter heads than the plastic anchors. Figure out where the screw will fall on the drawer box before hammering the back on. Trim away the edge of the back so you have a half inch above and below where the screw will fall to allow room around where the screw would otherwise get in the way (I used tin snips) and then hammer the back on.
September 20, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Briana solid drawer for the $$
If you're looking for a solid drawer for your closet rail system, loo no further. Solid frame and drawer with easy glide drawer guides. Easy to put together. I recommend any of the matching pieces from this collection. This drawer, the 9 hole cubbie, the 2 shelf and the the 2 cubbie organizers are all fantastic. Easy to put together with solid construction and easy install.
December 8, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jsten Very Nice System
Closetmaid has designed a system that provides sturdy functionality and very nice styling. I opted for the 16" depth wire rack and the Cherry drawers and trim. The entire system and all extra components require assembly, but if you are reasonably handy, it all goes together just as the pictures suggest. It looks great.
July 15, 2015