Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 130
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by nesali Just what we needed!
We purchased two of these for our walk in closet. I'll have to admit that I was a bit concerned about the particle board and we did have a bit of chipping on some of the unfinished back edges that are against the walls, which are out of view. Installation wasn't too hard. I was able to install them with very minimal help from my husband over two days. I think the trickiest part was leveling the center units on top of carpet and with a baseboard. Had to readjust a couple of times. They also seemed a bit wobbly even after the wall brackets were installed. But with the rods in place and the weight of the clothes, there is no movement. We've had them in for about 4 months and I'm still happy with this purchase. Hoping to add four shelves in the near future.
February 5, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Arhandyman46 Good Organizer for the price
The shelf unit was easy to assemble but time-consuming, similar to a Sauder project. The unit looked nice when we were done but it did have some corner chips that we had to doctor up. It was sturdy once attached to wall studs but I wasn't overly impressed with the cheap plastic rod holders.
January 26, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Jamie It's been an issue since day one
It's been a hassle since ordering. First the Home Depot people screwed up my order so I had to spend hours on the phone several times trying to fix the situation. They fixed it and gave me a small discount for my troubles.
I received this thing and the box was smashed and noticed several pieces were damaged so I had to wait 2 weeks for them to send replacements.
3 weeks in and I could finally build the thing only to realize that although the instructions do not mention this, you should probably cut out a space in your baseboards for this unit to set flush to the wall so it's more sturdy. So I had to wait until I bought a saw for the job.
4 weeks in and I got my saw and put this thing together only to notice that almost every piece is damaged at least on the edges. It's clearly factory or shipping damaged and the only way to rectify would be to take it apart and return it.
Not to mention that the kit says you only need one wall bracket for each tower to be secure in the wall. WELL, i followed the instructions exactly and it's just not very sturdy. It can be moved when I push on it. This makes me nervous. There should have been 2 wall bracket for each tower to make it more stable.
I'm not thrilled with this product. It looks pretty nice but I'm more concerned with function and I honestly thought it would be more sturdy than it is. I even have it set flush with my wall which is an extra step I took on my own and it's still not super great.
Plus this unit does not come with the top shelves so all of those have to be purchased separately and then cut to fit my wall. They are 48 inches long and I need them to be 27 inches which means I'm just shy of being able to half them. I will have to buy 3 whole separate ones and then end up with pieces that could almost be used as shelves.
Not happy with the amount of hassle and time this has taken.
May 13, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by diyselfer Does the job!
First master closet organizer. I might try to make one myself next one with sanded plywood but if you don't have the time this will do. Mdf chips a little too easy but it's only laminate so...
April 26, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Kelly Pure Cheap Garbage ... Cheap Particle board
I rarely ever write bad reviews but this low grade kit wasted 2 hours of my day only to crack, break and wobble.
1. This is cheap glued particle board. One wrong lean and it cracks.
2. Two of my pieces were cracked.
3. Parts were missing.
Ok I should have known for this price it would be cheap, my bad. But in the end, I trashed it all and threw it away.
Do not buy this Junk, I don't know if they changed their wood or kits, but this was pure junk.
November 8, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BatJuls2016 closetmaid
We had a small bedroom good for nothing except making it into a walk in close. Closet maid made it possible .
April 8, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bronxalbo Looks great
Easy to put together n it's work for what I need in my children's room
April 5, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by WoodworkerBob Affordable organization
Used this kit to turn a small room into a great closet while spending as little as possible. It gets 3 stars because this type of laminate product is not very durable and is easily scratched. You get what you pay for. However, it is very convenient and easy to put together as long as you have basic DIY building skills and can follow directions.
Here's some tips:
1) There is a point where you cut a slot in the piece of 1/8" thick laminate board that will cover the back wall behind the shelves. It's not a huge deal, but if you own the proper tools (like a Dremel type tool or small jig saw), you should consider making the bottom edge of that slot curved to fit the bracket that goes there. It will look neater than a square slot that would show the wall behind. Be sure to make that slot as long as the directions say because it has to accommodate the length of the bracket and the thickness of the frame.
2) The pieces of these types of kits often have minor damage & chipping along the edges when you remove it all from the shipping box. Most if not all of this is covered up by the end of assembly. I had maybe 2 places in back shelf corners that I touched up with a brown permanent marker. You can also use a marker to touch up any dings in the future. Draw color onto the ding, then immediately wipe with a soft cloth to get off the excess before it dries.
3) Once you're using the closet, remember that this is cheap laminate that cannot hold heavy weight. Use the shelves only for clothing. Do not use it as a book shelf. A family member did this with a similar kit and the shelves bowed. Do not use it for sharp or hard things like shoes, you'll just scratch it.
Note: In the photo you'll see a large wood slab supporting the left side of the closet rod. This is my adaptation to fit the kit into my space. That is not a part of the kit.
September 30, 2015