If your mind’s eye envisions a woodworking creation with earth tones, turn to this PureBond Mahogany Plywood Project Panel for rich hardwood hues. Featuring plain-sliced veneers cut from natural mahogany timber, these 1/2 in. x 2 ft. x 4 ft. panels are perfect for smaller carpentry jobs or finishing off larger furniture-building projects. The core substrate is constructed with yellow poplar and assembled in alternating cross bands for utmost strength, rigidity and flatness in each 5-ply panel. It boasts 100% natural wood (no MDF or particleboard) and is manufactured with a soy-based, formaldehyde-free PureBond adhesive that is water-resistant and will not off-gas any airborne contaminants over time, as UF-laden plywood is prone to do. Put this decorative mahogany plywood to use on your next carpentry project to create elegant hardwood-faced pieces at an affordable price.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- 5-ply project panel is assembled with smooth, patch-free mahogany veneers
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top and bottom veneers, measuring approximately 1/50" thick, exhibit the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and are suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 1/2 in. x 2 ft. x 4 ft.; Actual: 0.453 in. x 24 in. x 48 in.
- Direction of the grain is the length of panel
- Each panel weighs approximately 12 lbs.
- Grade: B-2 - See Grading Guide for additional information
- Available in additional species- Alder, Cherry, Cedar, Hickory, Maple, Poplar, Red Oak, Walnut, and White Oak