Unleash your inner craftsman and build beautiful hardwood-faced creations with this PureBond Red Oak Plywood Project Panel from Columbia Forest Products. Harvested in a sustainable manner from a domestic forest, the red oak timber used for the decorative veneers is rotary-cut to exacting standards for an exquisite hardwood appearance that works splendidly on any furniture or cabinetry piece. This 1/2 in. x 4 ft. x 4 ft. panel is comprised of 100% natural wood and assembled with a soy-based, formaldehyde-free PureBond technology that won’t subject interior environs to any toxic off-gassing, as UF-constructed panels are susceptible to do. The yellow poplar core substrate is layered in alternating cross bands with the red oak veneers, augmenting the rigidity, strength and flatness you expect from hardwood for lasting durability and enduring beauty. This 5-ply decorative plywood is a cost-competitive alternative to formaldehyde-laden panels and won't degrade the air quality of your home or business over time.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- CLICK HERE TO HAVE YOUR PLYWOOD CUSTOM CUT. Please complete your purchase after the form has been submitted.
- 5-ply project panel is assembled with a smooth, patch-free red oak face veneer
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top and bottom veneers, measuring approximately 1/42" thick, exhibit the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and are suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 1/2 in. x 4 ft. x 4 ft.; Actual: 0.453 in. x 48 in. x 48 in.
- Each panel weighs approximately 23 lbs.
- Grade: B-2 - See Grading Guide for additional information
- Available in additional species- Alder, Cherry, Cedar, Hickory, Maple, Mahogany, Poplar, Walnut, and White Oak