This PureBond Walnut Plywood Project Panel features plain-sliced veneers cut from natural timber harvested in a sustainable manner from American hardwood forests, ensuring premium quality, lasting durability and enduring beauty with each sheet. Fortified with a yellow poplar core substrate, the layers of this 3-ply panel are glued together with a cutting-edge PureBond technology derived from soybeans—an environmentally friendly, formaldehyde-free solution that is water-resistant and will not emit airborne contaminants. Precision-cut in 1/4 in. x 2 ft. x 4 ft. panels with burr-free edges, this decorative walnut plywood is perfect for smaller woodworking projects and serves as a cost-competitive alternative to UF-laden plywood, which is prone to degrade indoor air quality over time by off-gassing toxic fumes. The strength and flatness of these panels gives DIYers and professional tradesmen the confidence to construct a variety of cabinet-grade gems for a lifetime of dependability and enjoyment.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- 3-ply project panel is assembled with a smooth, patch-free walnut veneer applied to only the face side of this panel; the back of the panel is not intended to be exposed.
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top veneer, measuring approximately 1/50" thick, exhibits the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and is suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 1/4 in. x 2 ft. x 4 ft.; Actual: 0.203 in. x 24 in. x 48 in.
- Direction of the grain is the length of panel
- Each panel weighs approximately 6 lbs.
- Grade: B-4 - See Grading Guide for additional information
- Available in additional species- Alder, Cherry, Cedar, Hickory, Maple, Mahogany, Poplar, Red Oak, and White Oak