Use this 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 4 ft. PureBond Alder Plywood Project Panel for your next cabinetry or furniture project and never worry about it releasing airborne contaminants, as formaldehyde-laden products are prone to do. Decorative alder veneers grace the top of this 3-ply panel, with other hardwood layers sandwiched between and glued with a soy-based PureBond technology that is environmentally friendly and won’t off-gas toxic fumes like UF plywood. The natural warmth and beauty of real alder gives the top veneers a splendid appearance that forms the foundation for impressive DIY creations, such as serving trays, end tables, pet food centers, footstools, wall pockets, shelves and more. It's a cost-competitive alternative to products that may degrade indoor air quality over time, and its water resistance further strengthens its endurance for lasting performance.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- CLICK HERE TO HAVE YOUR PLYWOOD CUSTOM CUT. Please complete your purchase after the form has been submitted.
- 3-ply project panel is assembled with decorative alder veneer applied to only the face side of this panel; the back of the panel is not intended to be exposed
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top veneer, measuring approximately 1/50" thick, exhibits the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and is suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 4 ft.; Actual: 0.203 in. x 48 in. x 48 in.
- Each panel weighs approximately 11 lbs.
- Grade: B-4 - See Grading Guide for additional information
- Available in additional species- Cedar, Cherry, Hickory, Mahogany, Maple, Poplar, Red Oak, Walnut, and White Oak