Showcase your carpentry skills using this PureBond Walnut Plywood to create exquisite woodworking pieces that exhibit the warmth and allure of real hardwood. This project panel is an affordable alternative to formaldehyde-laden plywood and features a soy-based PureBond technology that won’t subject interior environs to toxic fumes over time. The decorative veneer on the face of the 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 4 ft. panel is plain-sliced from a walnut tree sustainably grown in the U.S., displaying authentic wood grains that make workpieces come to life. The 3-ply sheet is constructed with 100% wood, featuring a yellow poplar substrate that’s assembled with alternating cross bands for utmost strength, rigidity and flatness. Water-resistance allows it to tolerate moisture better than UF-constructed plywood and the multilayered assembly makes it less likely to warp than solid wood. For a darker finish, simply coat the hardwood veneer with a stain (sold separately) that matches your preconceived vision.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- CLICK HERE TO HAVE YOUR PLYWOOD CUSTOM CUT. Please complete your purchase after the form has been submitted.
- 3-ply project panel is assembled with a smooth, patch-free walnut face veneer applied to only the face side of this panel; the back of the panel is not intended to be exposed
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top veneer, measuring approximately 1/50" thick, exhibits the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and is suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 4 ft.; Actual: 0.203 in. x 48 in. x 48 in.
- Each panel weighs approximately 11 lbs.
- Grade: B-2 - See Grading Guide for additional information
- Available in additional species- Alder, Cherry, Cedar, Hickory, Maple, Mahogany, Poplar, Red Oak, and White Oak