For DIYers and professional tradesmen who recognize the importance of going green and using natural timber harvested in a responsible manner, turn to this FSC-certified PureBond Birch Plywood from Columbia Forest Products. Each 3-ply sheet features a decorative birch veneer on the face, which exudes the warmth and beauty of natural hardwood to supply your carpentry creations with visual allure. Furthermore, the 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. panels are manufactured with a soy-based PureBond technology that is formaldehyde-free so it won’t deteriorate air quality, as is common with UF-constructed sheets that are susceptible to releasing airborne contaminants over time. Intended for interior use, these birch plywood panels are an affordable way to craft authentic hardwood-faced masterpieces such as built-in cabinets, entertainment centers, tables, shelves, headboards, wall panels and more. With an eye toward sustainability, Columbia takes pride in manufacturing this Earth-conscious product and takes seriously its responsibility in replenishing forests for future generations.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as a responsibly harvested timber product, which means your purchase supports healthy, sustainable forests
- 3-ply hardwood plywood panel is assembled with smooth, patch-free birch veneer applied to only the face side of this panel; the back of the panel is not intended to be exposed
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top veneer, measuring approximately 1/42" thick, exhibits the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and is suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 1/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft.; Actual: 0.141 in. x 48 in. x 96 in.
- Direction of the grain is the length of panel
- Each panel weighs approximately 21 lbs.
- Grade: C-4 - See Grading Guide for additional information