For DIYers and professional tradesmen who recognize the importance of going green and using natural timber harvested in a responsible manner, turn to this FSC-certified PureBond Poplar Plywood from Columbia Forest Products. Each 7-ply sheet features decorative poplar veneers on the face and back, which exhibit the warmth and beauty of natural hardwood to supply your carpentry creations with visual allure. Furthermore, the 23/32 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. panels are manufactured with a soy-based PureBond technology that is formaldehyde-free so it won’t deteriorate air quality, as is common with UF-constructed sheets that are susceptible to releasing airborne contaminants over time. Intended for interior use, these poplar plywood panels are an affordable way to craft authentic hardwood-faced masterpieces such as built-in cabinets, entertainment centers, tables, shelves, headboards, wall panels and more. With an eye toward sustainability, Columbia takes pride in manufacturing this Earth-conscious product and takes seriously its responsibility in replenishing forests for future generations.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as a responsibly harvested timber product, which means your purchase supports healthy, sustainable forests
- 7-ply hardwood plywood panel is assembled with decorative poplar veneer
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- The decorative top and bottom veneers, measuring approximately 1/32" thick, exhibit the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and are suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 23/32 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft.; Actual: 0.703 in. x 48 in. x 96 in.
- Direction of the grain is the length of panel
- Each panel weighs approximately 70 lbs.
- Grade: C-3 - See Grading Guide for additional information