Veneered construction gives these decorative PureBond Birch Plywood Project Panels the strength, flatness and rigidity to satisfy the most discerning craftsman. Each 7-ply sheet is assembled with a soy-based PureBond technology to fortify its structural integrity, with the added benefit of being formaldehyde-free so it wills not off-gas toxic fumes over time as UF-constructed plywood is known to do. The decorative veneers are precision-cut from domestically grown, sustainably harvested birch trees, producing visually alluring wood grains on the face and back of the panel that exhibit the warmth, beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood. Featuring real timber throughout, the core veneer consists of natural yellow poplar substrate laid in alternating cross bands for utmost stability and ruggedness. It's a cost-competitive alternative to urea formaldehyde-laden plywood and will not contribute to air-quality degradation like composite panels. For extraordinary results on your next carpentry or woodworking project, add this 3/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. panel to your arsenal for construction of cabinets, entertainment centers, wall panels, coffee tables, bookcases, toy chests, benches, desks, shelves and more. The decorative veneers have a smooth finish that allows painting or staining to make it uniquely yours.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- 7-ply sheet is assembled with smooth, patch-free birch veneers
- PureBond hardwood plywood is an environmentally friendly, cost-competitive alternative to panels manufactured with urea formaldehyde (UF), which may degrade air quality over time
- Contains 100% natural wood bonded with a food-grade soy-based adhesive that does not emit toxic air contaminants
- Decorative top and bottom veneers, measuring approximately 1/42 in. thick, exhibit the beauty and timeless quality of natural hardwood and are suitable for painting or staining
- Water-resistant composition has a higher moisture tolerance than UF panels and is less likely to warp than solid wood
- Allow panel to acclimate to interior climate conditions for several days before customizing - for interior applications only
- For best cutting results, use an 80-tooth (or greater) table saw blade intended for sheet goods or a carbide-tipped circular saw plywood blade
- Common: 3/4 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft.; Actual: 0.703 in. x 48 in. x 96 in.
- Direction of the grain is the length of panel
- Each panel weighs approximately 70 lbs.
- Grade: C-3 - see grading guide for additional information
- Available in additional species- maple and red oak
- Note: Product may vary by store