Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 17
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CJNY Concrobium Mold Control & Fogger
I recertly bought a house and the basement was so bad with mold it could be smelled through the entire 2 story house. We were quite nervous since we are very sensitive to mold... and this was BAD! I purchased this system on line and had it delivered to my local store. Delivery was fast. My first step was to remove all the rotten wood. (Wear a respirator ) I then preashure washed the walls and floor... After drying it out with a dehumidifier, I fogged with 3 gallons. I also fogged the first and second floors with 1 gallon each.... The reviews are acurate! This system is easy set up and use... And best of all, It works! The odor and mold is gone, even to the most sensitive nose! Plan on fogging my boat in the spring. I've included a few photos, just an example of how bad it really was.... I highly recommend this product.
January 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mike The Fogger is worth every dime!!!!!!!
Had mold in my house from a roof leak. I had a company come in remove all drywall that had mold on it. They put my house back together like new but still had a smell. After the contractor trying all kinds of products I purchased the fogger. The smell is gone and my house is back to normal. I went on the manufactures website and there is a hole list of uses for the fogger . Yes it was pricey but i use my unit about once a week. One of my neighbors got bed bugs in her house. She bought some kind of oil and she is now bed bug free. I highly recommend this Fogger and Mold control!
February 19, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Matthew Can be rented for about $30/day at home depot.
We rented this and it worked well. It really fills the space with a dense "fog". I'd think large spaces may need more than one. We did a bedroom and two bathrooms and it was great. Search online to find home depot's instructions regarding how much product to use.
November 8, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kmoldfree2012 This is a product that is everything it promised to be and more
We discovered a mold problem in our guest bedroom that was not visible but had come in off of a roofline that was just outside the window and had grown in the wicker furniture. Both of us have allergies to mold and were fatigued with respiratory inflammation, whenever we went into the room. We rented a fogger and fogged the room with Concrobium even before we removed the carpet, fogged the furniture but got rid of it since it was a dust collector. By fogging first we killed any surface mold so spores wouldn't spread during the removal. Then we removed the carpet, painted and put in hardwood floors then fogged again and cleaned with a damp cloth afterward. This product works! Of course we removed the contaminated furniture, but the air was cleared and the entire room gave us no reaction, even before the carpet was removed. We went on to fog other rooms of the house nearby and were so impressed that there was no sense of toxicity afterward, after each fogging, clean up was VERY easy, where necessary, such a as a light tacky film on hardwood floors that wiped right up the next day. No rinsing, no odor and completely no reaction except relief for me, a person with chronic Lyme Disease and multiple chemical allergies. We covered electronics as instructed and removed the artwork, using the spray Concrbium on all of frames before we put them back. This is the biggest breakthrough in the mold remediation industry, We paid $3,000 to have our previous house cleaned when our things were exposed to mold during storage in our last move. This cost us the equivalent of dinner out to do out entire home. We were so satisfied we bought our own fogger to do the garage and any future area that might be needed. The safe, non-toxic aspect of Concrobium is a life saver for someone with a compromised immune system who needs a clean mold-free free environment. We now use it in our laundry room to clean the front loader that is prone to mold forming in the rubber seal, anywhere there is an issue. Our daughter in New York plans fog her new apartment before they move in next fall after hearing our stories. We do have one question. I had to hunt this down on the internet, why isn't it being screamed from the rooftops. I am sure it would mean a loss to a lot of remediators who charge to come in and wipe down every surface, instead of 5-15 minutes of fogging yourself! We used qualiity masks and left the premises until it settled and it was immediately healthy and clear. Thank you, you have set the bar for the future of healthful solutions without harsh chemicals in our homes. Everyone should have it on hand. Use it from your doormats to under cabinets where former owners had leaks and you find that musty smell. I am impressed with this green and logical solution. Bravo! Thank You!
January 31, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AKWoodworking Excellent product
The reviews for this products are excellent, but I was not all that crazy about its price. A number of people on DIY forums mentioned that the main ingredient was washing soda, which is dirt cheap. After doing quite a bit of searching, I came up with a formula that works equally as well and cost pennies. The solution is 2 teaspoons per quart of washing soda ( available in the laundry section of the supermarket), and then 1/8 of a teaspoon of trisodium phosphate. This is available at Home Depot in the painting section, and is used for paint preparation and cleaning.
I tested this solution on a very smelly/mildew Infested instrument case. This instrument case lived in my basement for a number of years and the smell was pungent to say the least. I sprayed the solution, and allowed it to dry overnight. The next morning, the smell was completely gone. It works!
There are many affordable fogging units on Amazon as well in the $120 range. I suspect if you're a professional then getting this high-end fogger would be worth it, but I found the $120 fogger works equally as well, it's just made from plastic. I'm sure the higher-end product will out live it, but again, for occasional use the plastic version works fine.
November 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Finley Great Product...
This things works! Had mold in the basement and hit the room with this fogger and smell is gone. Easy to use and clean after, this is an essential tool for me from now on. Probably hit the basement once a year with this. Leaves a bit of a film that wipes off easily. Highly recommended.
September 24, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Our1stOldHome What happened to that smell??
The answer to that question is that it is now gone. We just purchased a home built in 1939 (with an addition added in 1980) that was very neglected. Before moving in we noticed a strong odor of mold/mildew. There is a bathroom and bedroom that need to be gutted but unfortunately that project is about a year off. We assumed that the smell was coming from there and had to do something about the smell till then. That's when I found this product. I figured for $100 (the cost of renting the fogger and the Concrobium Mold Control) it was worth a try. In half a day I fogged the heck out of the old section of the house as well as a few problem area in the 1980s addition. Approximately 1700 sq ft out of 2700 sq ft. The first few days after treatment it smelled strongly of baking soda but the mold smell was gone. We've been in the house about a month now and its still fresh. Even the two rooms we need to gut (and don't use) are no longer offensive. The only draw back is that the fogger sucks down the concentrate quickly (or maybe the switch was defective). I would also use drop cloths if you have wood floors in good condition. The mist pooled around the extension cord leaving a faint ghost mark. You should also be careful of small or tight bathrooms. The concentrate poured down the mirrors and tile walls onto the floor. Not a problem for us since we wanted to soak everything but is was a mess until it dried. Also rinse the fogger very well after use. Otherwise a thick white chalky/powder forms.
January 3, 2010
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RB21 This worked as promised.
Fogged the entire house, including the garages, and it did the job. The musty odors from mold are gone and after a month are still gone. The only negative I would give is that the unit is very pricey.
September 11, 2012