Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 22
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BillieJo Great machine
• Hi quality & well-built
• Huge wind output – blows pine needles and even acorns sitting on grass; note: I blow debris into woods surrounding the yard
• Easy assembly, oil provided, came set for side-discharge
• 3” wide tires make it very maneuverable, and front wheel has no problems with ruts or tree roots
• I thought gas tank was too small at only .375 gallons. It is not an issue as it used less fuel compared to my old chipper/vac – it has to spin only a fan with 8 blades not a heavy steel cutting blade like the chipper/vac.
• Adjustable airflow direction is nice. I set it to low – to get the wet leaves moving – and then easily press the handle down to raise the airflow and send the leaves further on their way.
• Home Depot very good to work with.
Cons (not about the unit):
• Operator Manual says these should have been in carton but weren’t: fuel stabilizer (already have some), engine operator’s manual (I downloaded the pdf), fast start guide (not needed)
• Confusing to find two extra documents in carton that almost duplicate the Operator’s Manual and warranty pages in that Manual.
Only minor negative is it’s heavier than my old chipper/vac - which is noticeable on hills - but I knew that when I bought it.
My first Cub Cadet product. I may consider others after using this quality product.
October 18, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by JT bottom line a weakling
The ratings said it was great for a big yard and strong. I also read that it was commercially rated. I brought it home and no engine/quick start manual as promised. Also missing the fuel additive as promised. The deflector to blow forward was already attached and flimsy in its attachment. I had to loosen the bolt a little more to unlatch it to remove since side discharge is more acceptable (I think for most with a big yard). I started it up and was surprised how quiet and weak it was. I blew the driveway with some effort. I emptied the gasoline, wiped it down packed it up and brought it back. This machine is way overrated. For $100 more, I bought a commercial back pack blower that put this machine to shame. I've been blowing leaves my whole life and just retired my 8 HP Giant Vac after 17 years my new back pack blower is not even a work horse like the Giant Vac.
October 22, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Aaron A quality product with only one minor issue.
I've used the product 2 times over the past month so I have no idea how it performs long term.
I live in the pacific north west and I needed a strong blower to handle the abundance of fir needles that carpet our gravel parking lot for our business. Overall, it worked great blowing fir needles, fir cones, and rhododendron leaves off a large gravel parking lot. It wasn't so powerful that it blew the compacted gravel. The job used to take 1.5 hours with a small hand held blower. Now it takes 15 minutes!
Walk behinds can take a bit to get used to if you've primarily used handheld blowers. A walk-behind is not as dexterous in being able to aim the blower in specific angles and directions. However, they are more powerful and effective in blowing than most handhelds, which is great for large open and flat areas.
My only criticism is I wish the throttle was up by my hand instead of down by the engine housing.
October 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by al Power blower walk behind
Great power, easy to use, but needed engine manual had to download off internet. Received two owners manuals instead
October 4, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Charlie Leaf Blower
My husband really likes it for our growing trees and pine needles.
September 13, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Chuckaluck Cub Cadet Leaf Blower
Started right up first try. Blew what few leaves I already have about 15-20 feet. Will see when the real leaf fall occurs what it can do. I am hoping for at least 6-7 feet of blow distance 'cuz I have an awful lot of leaves in the fall.
September 6, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Rob Buyers remorse
blower vent not positioned for side didcharge. wheels too small for rough terrain.
August 9, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Pesthawk Small but power full
The cub is compact easy to handle fits easy in the back of a pickthe up with lots of room for materials to do your job. Great value
August 23, 2016