Rated 1.6 out of 5 by 8
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Rogerdl Good product, but 2 major firmware problems
Reliable, fast, and easy to manage.
2 major problems:
1) DHCP IP address reservation function does not work well. The checked box is consistently un-checked by system itself.
2) When the router is powerred off and powered-on, all devices who were already on the network before do not show up in the DHCP IP address list immediately. I have to power off each network device and power it back on to get devices registered with this router. In older models, it is not necessary to power on-and-off devices; the router will automatically re-issue IP address to all already-on network devices.
May 8, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DiomedesIV Avoid this Router - Poor Quality
Installed first DIR-865L 04-30-13; router WAN port failed 07-08-13 and a replacement sent.
Installed second DIR-865L 07-30-13; router WAN port failed 12-29-13.
12-30-13 Tech support agent and was advised need to upgrade to DIR-868L and for me to call RMA and request "Replace Product to a better one".
This will be the third DIR-865L installed in less than 8 months.
DIR-865L is not a good product, the WAN port consistently fails, and as I read other reviews, I find I'm not alone with this problem.
December 30, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by pat66666 Always deconnect from internet
I have to reset the router often. now, the reset doesn't work anymore.
September 26, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Chiefeda Intermittenly Drops Internet Connection
I really like D-Link routers. However, this one has caused problems with intermittently dropping internet connection. I had my ISP replace the modem and checked every thing I could with the service provider. I have connected the router to another service provider and computer system and it still is dropping the internet connection. I was happy with it for about 12 months. Will be looking for a different router for my home wireless network.
January 24, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by CBinLouisiana Not impressed
Waited a while for the review based on new item. While new to the 1750 range, the router has the following problems:
1. Product has had trouble at 2.4GHz band, frequently drops local clients.
2. MyDlink information is only dynamic clients on the router, no static clients (home theater, printer, network attached storage).
Looking back I would search for another router.
July 31, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Ross Range no where near as good as my old Netgear G Router
Intermittent - keeps dropping out. Only works when sitting in same room. Not built for purpose. Cannot access wi-fi from previously accessible points in home. Now have to go through expense of range extender/repeaters, or purchase a new Router. Do not recommend this product.
September 14, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Damian Failed after 14 months
The port used to connect the cable modem to the router failed after 14 months rendering the unit useless.
November 20, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by RogerL Nice produce, but not much improvement, or even flaws than its lower version models
Very nice and looks great. But, have flaws in the following function:
1) system time will reset to 1/1/2000 from time to time when system configuration is backed up. Even when the automatically time update is checked.
2) Access control does not seem to work completely. Some blocked MAC# machines can still access internet when I set them to be blocked by schedule
3) When I reboot the router, all devices connected to the router do not automatically get listed at the device list. I have to turn my devices off and on again in order for them to be listed by the router "connected devices". This is a major flaw-seems that the routers do not automatically issue new ip address to previous connected devices and can not see those devices unless those devices request ip addresses.
4) Parental Control is not stable. When I choose on level of parental control, from time to time, the choice was reset to "none" for no reasons.
5) Time schedule is not stable. I have wireless turn on and off at certain time. But, when all setting getting complex, time schedules do not work well until several reboots of the router without any setting changes (I would think 1 reboot would do it).
Overall, wireless power is stronger. But, many functions are not as stable as older models (855, 655). I am switching back to old models and go to get ride of this 865L
September 9, 2013