The DEWALT DC490KA cordless shear is designed to slice through cold-rolled steel ranging from 28-Gauge to 18-Gauge with uncompromising speed and accuracy. It was specifically engineered for metalworkers, HVAC contractors and construction professionals who earn living fabricating materials. The tool is powered by an 18-Volt XRP NiCad battery that drives the hardened-steel blades at a metal-shearing 2,300 Strokes per Minute (SPM). As it slices through metal, it removes a 7/32 in. wide ribbon of waste material that curls up and out of the way of the cut line. The DC490KA is equipped with a 360° swiveling head that permits you to comfortably cut where at any angle or awkward position, in extremely tight quarters, and delivers a cutting radius as tight as 5-1/2 in. The shear, which weighs a comfortable 6.1 lbs., comes with two 18-Volt XRP extended-run NiCad batteries, a fast 1-hour charger, and blade wrench and storage case. It’s backed by a DEWALT 90-day money-back guarantee, full 1-year service contract, and 3-year limited warranty.
- Head swivels 360° which allows user to access tight quarters while maintaining comfort
- Cuts 7/32 in. strip which continuously curls out of the cutting area providing consistent and accurate cuts
- Cordless tool allows user to take the tool to the work piece
- For use in cold rolled steel 18 Gal.-28 Gal.
- Includes blade wrench
- Head swivels 360°
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs