Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 45
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BooPeep THE DESIGN TRENDS FLOOR LAMP
This is the best lamp in the whole house. It's bright, 3-way switch with 5- 40 watt soft white bulbs just adds the perfect Ambience. I plan on purchasing 3 more. One for my Daughter's room & the kitchen area. Easy to assemble. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to put it together. Moveable, perfect when you are reading and need a little more lightning. I highly recommend this product and the price was great !!! I wish they had stock in the stores instead of online. Some things you want NOW. But all-in-all it was worth the wait. BULBS NOT INCLUDED.
March 29, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Beckywc212 Wish the lights were higher
So I only have 2 problems with this lamp.
1) I wish it was slightly taller. I am only 5' tall and it seems like I am looking directly at the lights half the time. So it would have been nice if they were slightly above eye level.
2) The 3 different setting are 2 lights, 3 lights, 5 lights. But the 2 light setting is different from the 3 light setting. Meaning that the 2 light bulbs turned on the low setting is not the same 2/3 light bulbs in the middle setting.
April 8, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by StenoStarr Surprisingly Satisfied!!!
I was very surprised! Assembly was easy peasy, it looks better than the floor lamp I paid $80 for. Very nice for such a great price. I just may order another one!
September 12, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Joe Good Value
I installed Phillips 100 watt LED Daylight bulbs in the lamps. It's safe cause they only use 8.5 watts each. The bulbs (not included) cost more than the floor lamp..... so be prepared. There is 3 different light settings. 2,3 or 5 lamps on at once. The base of the lamp is weighted but because of the center of gravity if you bump into the lamp it will topple over (Place Appropriately). The goose neck feature is great but if you bend them to angle the light.... it can reduce the light height to 5'. If the height of the lamp was 6.5' tall, it would be perfect.
January 7, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jethro64 Nice Lamp, best of both worlds
I had a similar lamp but with colored lamp shades that broke after years of use. I found this black lamp with white shades and ordered it from HD. It arrived in a week and thought wow small box holds a big lamp. I opened it up everything was in this small box. Very easy to put together, maybe 15 minutes including putting in the 40w bulbs I had purchased. Looks great very nice solid color black, with a nice feel to the lamp with a heavy base. For the price a great value, works great and lights up my office nicely. The flexible arms are nice if I need that extra bit of light directed at my desk or just ambiance as I can turn on just two bulbs to let the room glow or go all out for that daytime feel, its the best of both worlds.
October 28, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Wandaloo Great lamps, but can be unstable on carpet or when used for detail work
I purchased two of these for my sewing room and used the daylight 40w equivalent LED bulbs. I love how you can reposition all the arms/heads, and the black finish is nice. Users should be aware of three possible problems, however, depending on how you use them.
1) on carpet, the base is not very stable, especially if you have all of the arms pointed in one direction. I use the lamp behind me and over the shoulder to illuminate my sewing machine area, which makes the lamp top-heavy on one side. It might work better on tile or laminate flooring, but on carpet I have to anchor it to a table to keep it from falling over.
2) The pole is rather flimsy. Again, if I didn't have the entire weight of all the bulbs pointed in one direction, this might not be a factor, but in my configuration, the pole bows slightly from the weight of the heads. This is especially bad if you move the arms around a lot, trying to get the best lighting. You can accidentally twist the interconnected poles when you're positioning the arms and actually partially unscrew the segments, which can make the pole very unstable.
3) I wish the lamps were taller. Because mine are "aimed" in one direction over my shoulder, the arms are curved downward, and it places the globes very close to my head as I'm sitting at my sewing table. The heat isn't the problem, as I use all LED bulbs, but it makes me fearful of knocking the lamp over when I stand up.
In summary, if you're using this lamp in a typical living room and have the heads evenly distributed, it should do fine (unless you have thick carpet). If you need it for detailed work where all the arms/heads are pointed in the same direction, stability might be an issue.
For the money, you can't beat it.
July 18, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by suzanne very nice lamp
i have been looking for a floor lamp that was stylish and wasn't expensive. this is the perfect lamp. it has 3 settings- first- 2 lights on, second- 3 lights on, and third- all five lights are on. The lights can be positioned and bent to the way you want them. the base is heavy and stable and the installation was very easy. a big plus is it takes standard 40 watt light bulbs. i was glad i found this and the price is great for this quality
March 29, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Nate I Love... Lamp!
The lamp was a very reasonable price. I love the ability to control the level of lighting it provides and it really lights up the room. I don't usually expect something this good for so little money.
May 9, 2015