Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 1005
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by WildPosey8 Best Vacuum ever
I received my fist Dyson from an in-law. This was about 8 years ago and it's still working perfectly well.
I'm only purchasing a new one because I want something that reaches higher ceiling areas. otherwise, I adore my upright. Dyson is a magnificent product,
October 18, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by alumofcu Off it goes
After years of use, i gave this one to my daughter for her apartment. It started getting very noisey but still worked great.
October 21, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by skiperbe Very disappointed in this vaccumm
I bought this after my last dyson finally stopped after 10 years. This model is flimsy and was broken after the first two weeks. I have very long hair, and my hair always ends up in the vaccumms. The roller bar on the front of the vac stopped working after two uses, and after two weeks the device lost suction. This is not a full size vac. The dirt canister is tiny and needs to be emptied often. The cord is short and the wand is awkward. This is the worst vac I have ever owned. Home Depot took it back, because they are awesome, but this vac is horrible.
December 16, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MSRANGER Overall: Excellent (See Comments)
1) The SIZE and WEIGHT are very convenient.
2) SUCTION is excellent; the machine does a great job of getting ground-in (as fine as powder) dirt out of rugs.
3) The FILTERS seem to help remove very small particles from the air.
4) The OVERALL DESIGN and CONSTRUCTION are amazing.
1) The CORD is TOO SHORT (it is only 20" and it needs to be 35' as is the case with the larger Dyson vacuums)
2) The INSTRUCTIONS are TERRIBLE. Surely something that costs this much and has this kind of technology behind it can have a decent set of instructions. There are no written instructions--just line drawings that, in some cases, are difficult to decipher.
3) The WASTE COLLECTION CONTAINER is POORLY DESIGNED. If one is not very careful, one can dump the contents of the waste container while in the process of trying to remove the container from the machine. A short downward push on the release button allows the container to disengage; a stronger downward push on the same button opens the bottom of the container and allows the waste to spill out onto the machine and the floor/carpet.
4) Be aware that the design of this machine will not allow it to go UNDERNEATH BEDS, unless they are raised rather high off the floor.
July 24, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 love this vaccuum
Had it for 8 years and today was the first time i had it in for any sevice, while i was there i purchased the new animal ball, that way i can have one upstairs and one down. Hoping i love the new one as much as this one, its been the best vaccuum i've ever owned!! when i first bought it, within 6 months time, i had atleast 6 family/friends go out and get one too, just because thats all i talked about!!
July 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Babs I can't believe how much more dirt & hair this Dyson picks up than my old vacuum. So easy to use, also!!
I love my new Dyson Animal. The amount of hair & dirt I picked up the first time I vacuumed was amazing. I can't believe my carpet has been hiding all that dirt!! Plus, it was lightweight & easy to maneuver. I'm thrilled I made the choice to move to a Dyson!!!
August 28, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Best Vacuum out there
I bought this vacuum on 11.10.2008 and it still works perfect today and I have had no problems with it nor have i had to repair it or replace anything on it.
July 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KZRod Picks up crazy amount of fur!! Feels cheap
Easy to put together. Feels cheap. BUT picks up so much! Easy to dump the debris.
Would recommend and/or buy again.
September 24, 2013