Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 71
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Chuck excellent power & QUIET!!
I bought this saw over other brands and models. I haven't been DISAPPOINTED YET. In 1 day I cut 16 wheelbarrows of wood. I am a experienced wood cutter, I used this saw to cut stuff a gas saw would. QUIET! I used it to limb and cut most of a 45' pear tree 2 days ago, over my gas saw. Like the quietness of it. Getting 2 more batteries and charger so I can cut longer and use it more than gas saws. In (cold) winter use 0w to10w motor oil. In summer I use mix of 30w and regular bar oil.
May 10, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Anthony68 Echo electric chainsaw
Just purchased the echo battery powered chain saw. I purchased this after buying the battery powered weed eater. I will never go back to gas powered yard tools!! Even buying the pre mixed gas they are nothing but problems!! The performance of the electric chainsaw and weed eater are great, the reliability is excellent !! Little more money, but a way better investment!! Now I have a extra battery and charger. Don't waste your money on gas powered equipment, it just makes repair shop owners happy and your wallet sad!!!
July 17, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Woody Good deal on cordless chainsaw
I pick up wood when It's available. I didn't want gas smell in my truck so cordless I go. This saw is strong and it cuts well. The battery doesn't last long. Maybe 12 cuts thru 12 inch maple. I'll have to carry two batterys. But I like it.
July 9, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JZ Excellent power
Love the quick start. Worked well for cutting up a large box elder tree that fell during a storm. We now go to this chain saw first for each project because of the ease of use and quick start. No trouble with power. We used it side by side with our gas powered Echo. Both performed beautifully. We've only owned it for 2 months so I cannot comment on the life of the battery other than it lasted well for a project that took about 2 hours to complete. My wife loves this saw as well because it is easy for her to handle and the simple start.
June 28, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by fcb1mad Excellent utility with power to spare
I have a 24 " Gas Powered Chain Saw that always worked, but often was too much tool for the job or took too much time for the project I wanted to complete to get ready. The Echo was always ready! The only downside to the Echo is a woefully inadequate chain. Not in length, but in construction (design)!
May 7, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ApartmentOwner Decent Chain Saw
This battery operated chain saw works. It goes through small branches and medium branches just fine. Medium branches I consider 6" in diameter. I haven't tried any larger branches. It ran for about 45 minutes on one charge. The 58 V battery takes about 45 minutes to charge and adds quite a bit of weight to the saw. The saw does not include bar oil but is required. The owner's manual says do not use the saw above your shoulders so I wasn't able to trim limbs any higher than 5'. To follow the manufacturer's recommended suggestions, you'll want to hire a professional to trim anything up higher than your shoulders. So I was only able to use this chain saw on about 20% of the limbs I need pruned or removed. Looks like I'll be hiring a professional for the other 80%. I would have rated this higher if I was able to use it to complete more of the limbing work I need to get done.
July 6, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ApartmentOwner Convenient and Great Working Chainsaw!
This chainsaw has done a great job on all the projects I've used it for. So far the largest diameter limb I've cut was 10" and it handled it with ease! It's heavier than a gas chain saw but that can be attributed to the 58v battery which takes a little more than an hour to charge. Mostly used it for fallen limbs that are smaller than 6" in diameter. This chainsaw makes the job quick and it's super easy to use! I love that there's no need for gas or mixing. Note that bar oil is not included but required. I plan on buying another one for my RV. Won't have to worry about possible flammable fuels spilling. Simply charge and go. One complaint I have is the scabbard doesn't really stay on the bar. It falls off easily so I need to be sure it's set in a safe place away from areas where the chainsaw could be bumped accidentally exposing the chain inside the scabbard. It's sharp! Otherwise this has been a dream chain saw!
June 27, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by vomer6 Doesn't run Not the battery
Okay quiet and cuts well except must have design flaw as it just doesn't turn on at all anymore. Very light use only will take back to homedepot and let's see
June 10, 2016